Board Games and Tabletop!

My friend who was a backer for the Frosthaven kickstarter just got an email update with some details on how much bigger Frosthaven will be than Gloomhaven…

Here are some highlights:
  • the Frosthaven box weighs ten pounds more than the Gloomhaven box
  • Gloomhaven had 95 scenarios - Frosthaven will have 138
  • Gloomhaven had 18 punchboards for different map, enemy, and overlay tiles - Frosthaven will have 28
  • 1700 cards (12 decks) —> 2400 cards (17 decks)
  • 133 item cards —> 404 item cards
  • 3 unlockable envelopes —> 17 unlockable envelopes

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

My friend who was a backer for the Frosthaven kickstarter just got an email update with some details on how much bigger Frosthaven will be than Gloomhaven…

Here are some highlights:
  • the Frosthaven box weighs ten pounds more than the Gloomhaven box
  • Gloomhaven had 95 scenarios - Frosthaven will have 138
  • Gloomhaven had 18 punchboards for different map, enemy, and overlay tiles - Frosthaven will have 28
  • 1700 cards (12 decks) —> 2400 cards (17 decks)
  • 133 item cards —> 404 item cards
  • 3 unlockable envelopes —> 17 unlockable envelopes

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯
I cant wait to bring all of this into my current campaigns.

Kinda kicking myself for not backing it, but rightly didn't think I'd be anywhere near completing the OG stuff by the time it released. Hopefully it'll get reprints and such 20 years from now when I'm playing it in the old folks home with my G's.

Having a get together with some friends in a few weeks. I’m looking for something fun to play that doesn’t take a lot of time to learn. Most of the time in the past my friends and I would play Cards Against Humanity but I’m looking to switch things up a little bit. The more minimal the better. Can anyone recommend a fun/party game similar to Cards? I did some searching online but there’s so many of those kinds of games out there.

Having a get together with some friends in a few weeks. I’m looking for something fun to play that doesn’t take a lot of time to learn. Most of the time in the past my friends and I would play Cards Against Humanity but I’m looking to switch things up a little bit. The more minimal the better. Can anyone recommend a fun/party game similar to Cards? I did some searching online but there’s so many of those kinds of games out there.
The Codenames games are great, but are team based. We always have fun with Telestrations, and Dixit. Somewhat more like Cards against Humanity is "What Do You Meme?" Same basic gameplay.

I played a very similar game called "new phone, who dis?" that's basically cards against humanity except the first card shows a message in a chat screen and everyone else puts down a card that would be the best response. It was funnier than I expected it to be.

Exploding kittens might also be fun (if you haven't already played it) and is not that complicated once you get going.

We’ve been playing a fair bit of Ticket To Ride online lately due to it being a good way to spend an evening with my brother in laws. It feels weird, but refreshing, when we get to play the actual board game in person!

Back