Black Lives Matter

It's still something though. Have to start somewhere. Hopefully this continues and other cities follow suit. It will be interesting to see where that 150mil gets diverted to. I believe he said he would give more specifics tonight about it.
Agree it's better than nothing, people just need to be clear that it didn't *reduce* anything, it just reset funding to the level of the previous year.

Agree it's better than nothing, people just need to be clear that it didn't *reduce* anything, it just reset funding to the level of the previous year.
Yes--it's a good point. Have seen some people saying that in headlines but the city is saying the same thing as that tweet:

"“We will not be increasing our police budget,” said the mayor."

Just bought the book, for anyone looking for the ebook it’s also readily available on Apple Books too, cost me €5.89 which is more than fair. Will familiarise myself with it over the next few days before we begin on monday.

Wait how’d you find this guy? He’s always running for some political office in my grandmother in laws district. He took his corgi in a backpack to the recent protests. His speeches are 🔥at the candidate events.
The name rings a bell but honestly I wouldn't have seen the tweet at all if @6od hadn't retweeted it.

Local (to me) record store owner showing his true colors.

First, UGH.

But second, honestly where ARE the gun nuts who have supposedly been waiting for the tyranny of martial law and soldiers in the streets? Where ARE the libertarians who love to do "first amendment audits" and provoke LE into confrontations for YouTube? Where ARE the angry men who thought being asked to wear a mask was unbearable? Where ARE the well regulated militias and the ones who roll into statehouses strapped to exercise their 2A rights in front of elected officials?

Sure would be crazy if any of those people ever showed up to support those who live under actual oppression. Instead they just evaporate or defect to white b**g*l** incitement beatoff fantasies.

Last edited:
First, UGH.

But second, honestly where ARE the gun nuts who have supposedly been waiting for the tyranny of martial law and soldiers in the streets? Where ARE the libertarians who love to do "first amendment audits" and provoke LE into confrontations for YouTube? Where ARE the angry men who thought being asked to wear a mask was unbearable? Where ARE the well regulated militias and the ones who roll into statehouses strapped to exercise their 2A rights in front of elected officials?

Sure would be crazy if any of those people ever showed up in support those who live under actual oppression. Instead they just evaporate or defect to white b**g*l** incitement beatoff fantasies.
I've always been confused by that stance as well. "We hate government overreach", but you don't hate a militarized police force openly abusing "free citizens"...? WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?

My theory, they are just watching these protests and pretending they are the ones in the riot gear.

I don’t know if this was already touched upon but if you’re buying black literature and anti-racism resources try and find them through black owned book stores! Found one here in LA that had EVERYTHING that’s been sold out everywhere and they were so grateful for all the business it made me emotional. Dropping a list of some below.A53A7565-DCA7-4FA5-8098-5494EEA313B7.jpeg40BC9526-9683-4676-8158-2E66EAEB5EAE.jpeg5AA6A94B-5F9B-4D20-B29E-F5BA79D22490.jpeg

First, UGH.

Sure would be crazy if any of those people ever showed up to support those who live under actual oppression. Instead they just evaporate or defect to white b**g*l** incitement beatoff fantasies.
I've always been confused by that stance as well. "We hate government overreach", but you don't hate a militarized police force openly abusing "free citizens"...? WHOSE SIDE ARE YOU ON?

My theory, they are just watching these protests and pretending they are the ones in the riot gear.
I think if anything it has just laid bare how hollow, hypocritical, and self centered their true beliefs are. Many of these so called libertarians have Don't Tread On Me flags on their trucks, but what they really think is it's cool if you tread on everyone else as long as you don't affect ME.

I think if anything it has just laid bare how hollow, hypocritical, and self centered their true beliefs are. Many of these so called libertarians have Don't Tread On Me flags on their trucks, but what they really think is it's cool if you tread on everyone else as long as you don't affect ME.
Yep. I mean I know it, you know it, we all know it, and have known it all along, but it still deserves to be mocked now that the hypocrisy is, once again, on full display.

I don’t know if this was already touched upon but if you’re buying black literature and anti-racism resources try and find them through black owned book stores! Found one here in LA that had EVERYTHING that’s been sold out everywhere and they were so grateful for all the business it made me emotional. Dropping a list of some below.View attachment 50431View attachment 50432View attachment 50433
This is GREAT! Thank you. Just bought some books from Black Pearl Bookstore :)

I enjoy Martin Douglas's (Douglas Martin's) music writing and coverage and I thought this was a good letter he wrote. He quit social media a week or so ago because he couldn't handle all of the people sharing pictures and videos of black people being killed or brutalized without regard for how traumatizing it can be for others, which I think is a good point. I have tried to avoid that, but probably haven't done the best job myself. Something to consider:

Back