Black Friday RSD 2019

@NoTrend yeah i mean in my case, there are three Pearl Jam songs i hate. Those are "Jeremy", "Alive", and "Even Flow". In my yourh these were played nonstop and it ground my nerves, i even developed a fairly popular Vedder impression singing these as a party trick. This kept me from truly appreciating PJ for YEARS until i discovered they have much more to offer.

I myself have an online radio show and one thing age has taught me is to never really bash something Im not into that many other people are, because there have been so many artists I never appreciated until later on...god, imagine there being a recorded document of me sounding ignorant for posterity.

I may grab a PJ if I'm by that shop that still has 'em. Not sure if they'll sell me another one on a separate visit or not. It's kinda of weird, kind of cool that they won't sell more than one to a customer.

@NoTrend yeah i mean in my case, there are three Pearl Jam songs i hate. Those are "Jeremy", "Alive", and "Even Flow". In my yourh these were played nonstop and it ground my nerves, i even developed a fairly popular Vedder impression singing these as a party trick. This kept me from truly appreciating PJ for YEARS until i discovered they have much more to offer.

I myself have an online radio show and one thing age has taught me is to never really bash something Im not into that many other people are, because there have been so many artists I never appreciated until later on...god, imagine there being a recorded document of me sounding ignorant for posterity.

Yeah i see what you mean, I tried even now that I'm older. I still just can't get into them. Part of it is due to the fact I think in high school a lot of DUDE BRO JOCKS/rich kids really liked PJ and the kids who were didn't have a lot of money/not popular were into like Nirvana and the melvins and got way into hardcore like black flag or stuff like big black, or Bikini kill, just cause well kurt cobain liked them and they just seemed more out there and relatable (lot of B bands, I know).

Granted looking back on it now that whole thing is stupid and a dumb reason to not like a band, I was a kid, what can I say? Still can't get into PJ, but that one song, all those yesterdays is a rager for sure.

This all said, it's weird to me to go after someone for not having "good taste". I mean when i was younger I totally would do that, but now, it just seems completely clowny. A lot of vinyl people end up in my youtube feed, like the vinyleyez guy. Look I don't like 99% of the stuff he likes, and the structure of his content plays out like any other youtuber trying to make it to the next level, but people dis that guy hard. I think there's even a subreddit dedicated at least partly to just bashing him. Really not cool, and embarrassing for everyone involved.

@NoTrend my conversion moment on PJ was the Live At The Gorge set. A massive amount of tracks, it starts with an acoustic sundown show and gives a lot of focus to deep cuts.
Yeah I tried, trust me, I tried no code, I tried Vitalogy etc. Just isn't for me, but trust me I get it, and good on them for taking out Mudhoney, or even Sleater Kinney like 17 years ago

What are people still looking for? PJ and Claypool?

Claypool is last title on my list if all goes right. I didn’t worry about Claypool earlier has it is BFRSD first title. Although if one popped up at retail I might go for sooner if from a trusted seller. Looks nice.

Claypool is last title on my list if all goes right. I didn’t worry about Claypool earlier has it is BFRSD first title. Although if one popped up at retail I might go for sooner if from a trusted seller. Looks nice.
So that means it will most likely get a standard press at some point in the future, correct?

So that means it will most likely get a standard press at some point in the future, correct?
It COULD. The First release titles are almost purposefully vague. I would say most get repressed but others might get released digitally (or not at all) my best example the The National Boxer Live In Brussels, it was released in CD format later but has yet to be pressed in vinyl beyond the initial RSD issue almost a year and a half later.

It COULD. The First release titles are almost purposefully vague. I would say most get repressed but others might get released digitally (or not at all) my best example the The National Boxer Live In Brussels, it was released in CD format later but has yet to be pressed in vinyl beyond the initial RSD issue almost a year and a half later.

Yep you never know. Makes it hard to shop smart. Most likely we will see a black version. Or...we my see a “Swamp Splatter” edition for less $$$s.

Back