Black Friday RSD 2019

I picked up one today as well at my local store. They had a couple left. I doubt this will stay at that price range for very long. In a side note, I also got lucky at the same store and got Weezer's teal album (teal vinyl) and Bingo Hand Job from this spring. They were lurking around at the back of one of the "Sale"- crates...somebody must have put them there by mistake.😁
Any chance you can grab me one???

And Patsy is available here too:

Did anyone see that YouTuber too many Records discussing his RSD Black Friday pick ups? He talked about Patsy Cline and how he’s confused why this was a hot item and also didn’t understand how anyone could listen to this more than once/that anyone actually really cares about her

I’ll admit I don’t listen to Patsy Cline but I understand her place in not just country music but music history, period. I know tons of people who would listen to this set a lot

I’m not trying to dis/shame or whatever the too many records guy, but that was just weird...

Did anyone see that YouTuber too many Records discussing his RSD Black Friday pick ups? He talked about Patsy Cline and how he’s confused why this was a hot item and also didn’t understand how anyone could listen to this more than once/that anyone actually really cares about her

I’ll admit I don’t listen to Patsy Cline but I understand her place in not just country music but music history, period. I know tons of people who would listen to this set a lot

I’m not trying to dis/shame or whatever the too many records guy, but that was just weird...

Honestly, I've seen that channel and it is not my bag.

Last edited:

Hello @toomanyrecords please see above.
I would also add plenty of people would want this record just for third man involvement alone. This also fits more with what third man dis years ago with their reissue series with Charlie Patton etc (not at all saying Patton and Cline are the same) just in terms of why jack would just to do this record.

Toomanyrecords
Honestly, I've seen that channel and it is not my bag.

To quote High Fidelity:

"Rob, how is it that someone with no interest in music end up owning a record store?"

To quote High Fidelity:

"Rob, how is it that someone with no interest in music end up owning a record store?"
just to underscore. This isn't meant as a dis to the toomany records guy. He does what he does and that's fine. I get it. Seems like a nice enough guy.

I've seen a few of his videos, and hey I think pearl jam is kinda corny, granted I did happen to see them like 20 years ago as a graduation gift because sonic youth was opening, bummer part was sonic youth had to cancel due to a family emergency. I stayed to see pearl jam and they weren't so bad. My point is, I get why that pearl jam unplugged LP did gangbusters or why so many people wanted it. Isn't for me, but I get it and respect it. Saying like "who is even going to listen to that pearl jam record more than three times" would be a weird comment from me, as I think it was weird for the too many records guy to say that about the Cline set, as it seems he would understand the reasonings why patsy cline is important.

But hey, I also didn't get steely dan till much later in my life, and I like them as much now as I do like Merzbow (which is a lot, this isn't sarcasm) or something, so I get it.

Last edited:
Back