Black Friday RSD 2019

It COULD. The First release titles are almost purposefully vague. I would say most get repressed but others might get released digitally (or not at all) my best example the The National Boxer Live In Brussels, it was released in CD format later but has yet to be pressed in vinyl beyond the initial RSD issue almost a year and a half later.

Based on it being Claypool and what they did with the RSD Claypool/Lennon 10-inch, I'd expect a black pressing soon enough

So many listens in of the five records I got (Tank, Daptone, Jazz Dispensary, Comet is Coming), the Steep Canyon Rangers is far and away my favorite. Those other four records are fire, for sure, but this Steep Canyon is a. the best thing they've released and b. A nice warm blanket

My copy of Jonathan Fire*Eater landed today. Much obliged to @McGlam who helped me track down a reasonably priced copy online, and to @Matt M who offered to grab me a copy that somehow lasted past RSD at Jackpot! here in Portland.

Ugh. Had to buy one off Discogs. I spend every Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH, and I've never had a problem finding what I'm looking for, even when I visit the shops later in the day. I'm still sort of shocked at how quickly this one disappeared.

Ugh. Had to buy one off Discogs. I spend every Thanksgiving in Columbus, OH, and I've never had a problem finding what I'm looking for, even when I visit the shops later in the day. I'm still sort of shocked at how quickly this one disappeared.
Which shop did you end up going to this year in cbus?

I keep my eye on the Claypool RSD every day for y'all. Currently 58 + shipping (call it 63) on Discogs and similar on eBay. I bet it keeps settling down.

One closed at $48 plus shipping on ebay the other day. Another one from store on Discogs listed at $50. Given that my “local” would be 80mi round trip, 3-4hrs time, and no guarantee to have it on RSD that is a fair trade off to me.

I wanted to add that I have only listened to the Hall and Oats Christmas album I bought as the others are on Christmas embargo. It sounds awesome! It came with a nice inner sleeve too so kudos to whoever pressed it.

Pearl Jam Unplugged is up on the Ten Club site for members. $20, but $11 for domestic shipping. Got my order in.

The real takeaway here was how they phrased it in the newsletter: the LP was in such high demand that the label pressed more. Not sure exactly how to take that given the size of the original stated run, the reported shipping delays etc., but seems safe to say that this won’t be rare.

The real takeaway here was how they phrased it in the newsletter: the LP was in such high demand that the label pressed more. Not sure exactly how to take that given the size of the original stated run, the reported shipping delays etc., but seems safe to say that this won’t be rare.

That's cool for people who want it, but it also kind of eviscerates the entire selling point of "limited edition" items, if the reason for repressing them is that the supply didn't reach the demand. The point of RSD is to get people out to shops. If they believe they could just buy the same albums at any time and do so online... that's kind of where things are at already

Back