Black Friday RSD 2019

That's cool for people who want it, but it also kind of eviscerates the entire selling point of "limited edition" items, if the reason for repressing them is that the supply didn't reach the demand. The point of RSD is to get people out to shops. If they believe they could just buy the same albums at any time and do so online... that's kind of where things are at already
I don’t disagree with you, but I think that has been happening steadily for the last few RSD cycles. I’m old enough to remember when Record Store Day was supposed to be the only way to get your hands on Warmer.

I don’t disagree with you, but I think that has been happening steadily for the last few RSD cycles. I’m old enough to remember when Record Store Day was supposed to be the only way to get your hands on Warmer.
Wilco store has that nice Warm/Warmer combo on the splatter vinyl. Get the combo cheaper than Warmer RSD version by itself.

Wilco store has that nice Warm/Warmer combo on the splatter vinyl. Get the combo cheaper than Warmer RSD version by itself.
Yes, except for those of us who bought the original black Warm/Warmer, after hustling to pick up the original Warmer pressing on Record Store Day. The moral of the story is don’t buy any records.

That's cool for people who want it, but it also kind of eviscerates the entire selling point of "limited edition" items, if the reason for repressing them is that the supply didn't reach the demand. The point of RSD is to get people out to shops. If they believe they could just buy the same albums at any time and do so online... that's kind of where things are at already

As someone who went out to my local shop and missed out, and then managed to get it through the 10c site, I agree with both sides of your comment.

Coming from someone who can never get anything at his locals on RSD's, I kind of agree. I don't mind retailers releasing RSD's online after a certain time, I still think those who made the trip should get first crack. But like anything after $$ signs start inflating, it starts to become something it's not. I unfortunately have to rely on you good folks and a little luck...........good thing I'm not usually looking for the "Gem" of the RSD releases most of the time, lol.

Until RSD invents a way to stop dudes from flipping professionally and taking over lines and aisles, my take is things shouldn’t be limited. The releases debuting that day should be part of a larger celebration to bring people in, which some shops do a good job of already. Getting people to show up and see their shop didn’t get copies or see the guys in grey goatees yell “I GOT THE OTHER PEWRL HAM, MIKE!” to each other feels like a strange way to get people excited about their local shop.

Until RSD invents a way to stop dudes from flipping professionally and taking over lines and aisles, my take is things shouldn’t be limited. The releases debuting that day should be part of a larger celebration to bring people in, which some shops do a good job of already. Getting people to show up and see their shop didn’t get copies or see the guys in grey goatees yell “I GOT THE OTHER PEWRL HAM, MIKE!” to each other feels like a strange way to get people excited about their local shop.

Yeah. I'm just commenting from a sustainability issue. If they continue to kill the motivation to pick a record up at the shop, they'll kill RSD. Even with flippers, the one good thing is that the shops are still making money and staying open

PJ is sold out on the 10c site now. They must not have gotten too many copies repressed. Or maybe they just had some of that 'missing' RSD stock hiding in the warehouse.

Back