Black Friday RSD 2019

@Mr Moore @Captainfog @NoFunAtAll @Selaws @CAPacelli (if you are in London tomorrow too)

Here are the BFRSD records Sounds of the Universe will have on stock tomorrow :

View attachment 24159

Cheers buddy! Im planning on popping into Rough Trade before work (assuming they will have the biggest stock) and hopefully getting what I want. This is a great back up option though!

I already got Lizzo and Wrens online for a good price.

However, I can't go out to any physical stores tomorrow so if anyone sees Gray - Shades Of...or Chai - Wagama-Mania and can it pick it for me I would be super grateful. Ideally, someone in Canada so the shipping costs aren't crazy, but I don't really care if it comes from anywhere as long as I don't have to pay stupid reseller prices.

I mentioned this over on the Jazz thread but I managed to order a Miles Davis RSD/Black Friday release online earlier with next day delivery. I had the notification to say it was shipped as well. This was from Juno, but as the others are 'Coming Soon' I think this might have just been an error on their part. Still, I will be happy if it arrives tomorrow!

BF RSD just doesn’t get the same attention as regular RSD. I don’t see people as excited about the list. What are you looking to grab?

It's true. Plus, the resale/secondary prices plummet fairly quickly, which means that there's less of a fear that, if you miss something and don't pick it up, you're going to get shafted trying to scoop it later. That being said, there's usually at least one or two gets. A couple of those gems that I've picked up in the past were Death Grips - Government Pates and WEEN - The Pod. That's not including Blond. I decided that I wanted that Emmet Otter once it was too late, and had to track it down from a Japanese shop online, later. This time around, I have to grab that Story Of The Ghost.

It's true. Plus, the resale/secondary prices plummet fairly quickly, which means that there's less of a fear that, if you miss something and don't pick it up, you're going to get shafted trying to scoop it later. That being said, there's usually at least one or two gets. A couple of those gems that I've picked up in the past were Death Grips - Government Pates and WEEN - The Pod. That's not including Blond. I decided that I wanted that Emmet Otter once it was too late, and had to track it down from a Japanese shop online, later. This time around, I have to grab that Story Of The Ghost.
I’m headed there for SOTG as well. Out of all of my RSD ventures, there are only a few I’ve grabbed that are reselling for 5x or more. The rest are maybe a few bucks more or near cost.

Last edited:
I’m headed there for SOTG as well. Out of all of my RSD ventures, there are only a few I’ve grabbed that are reselling for 5x or more. The rest are maybe a few bucks or near cost.

Exactly, but, like you said, the ones that hit like that can really hit. I'm usually more calculated on Black Friday, just making sure that I grab the stuff that I'm afraid is going to be a pain in the ass to try and track later. That blue Rift with the Welker print is one of my most expensive albums. It's worth going out just to make sure that I have SOTG now, before the shit gets bananas. Sometimes, like with Billy Breathes, you're talking a numbered pressing versus a non-numbered, which doesn't mean shit to me. This one is a little more unique and I really like they splatter mock ups

Exactly, but, like you said, the ones that hit like that can really hit. I'm usually more calculated on Black Friday, just making sure that I grab the stuff that I'm afraid is going to be a pain in the ass to try and track later. That blue Rift with the Welker print is one of my most expensive albums. It's worth going out just to make sure that I have SOTG now, before the shit gets bananas. Sometimes, like with Billy Breathes, you're talking a numbered pressing versus a non-numbered, which doesn't mean shit to me. This one is a little more unique and I really like they splatter mock ups
Not to mention my favorite studio album of theirs!

Not to mention my favorite studio album of theirs!

Yeah. I love it. I remember hearing a lot of that stuff for the first time live and being really into it. There are still some people that didn't grab onto it, for some reason. I've been not so patiently waiting on this since they started doing the reissues, I'm a big fan of the funky doom Phish, though.

Hoping to head downtown in the afternoon. All I really want is the Slipknot 7", and my local has 11 copies, so I'm hoping for the best. I'll get it one way or another, but I'd much rather get it at my local store. Happy digging, y'all!

I usually go in the later afternoon, but this year I got moved to a different shift at work, so I can't make it out.

At least I didn't see anything that I really need.

My local only got a single copy of the Patsy Cline set. So if you see one and can grab it for me slide into my DMs!

Well I had a successful trip, managed to get the records I wanted.

What I didn't like was the experience itself. I knew it would be busy but people were acting like animals. I went to Rough Trade on my way into work. They had arranged 4 big boxes on a table which was SWARMED with people pushing, shoving, shouting. Manic. I finally got to a position to flick through and halfway a guy just pushed all the records back up into my hand. I turn to him and tell him I was halfway through and that he crushed my hand and his response was "I dont care, I wanted to start from the front". I pushed them back to where I was because screw that guy.

After I got the records I went to one side (where it was dead quiet) and was told by a staff member that I "cant look through them until they are paid for", which is a crazy thing to say but he was super stressed to be fair to him. I get in the queue and theres 3 tills, at one is an angry guy kicking off at a staff member because they dont have a Katy Perry album in stock. At another is a guy who, according to the staff member, was one of the first in, ran over to the boxes and grabbed the whole stack of a particular release. He then took them to his mate standing at the side and took it in turns queuing up and paying for them one at a time. The staff member was telling him that he cant use the came credit card each time as they could get fined and the customer was getting annoyed because hes only got 4 cards and has already used them. Clearly flippers.

I know im ranting at this point but, damn, people need to realise that all this is about something they dont even need, its a hobby which is supposed to be fun. I know I played into it today by going first thing (which I wont be doing again BTW), but the whole thing could have been fun and stress free if it wasn't for the few individuals that wreck it for everyone.

Last edited:
I usually go in the later afternoon, but this year I got moved to a different shift at work, so I can't make it out.

At least I didn't see anything that I really need.

I would say that if anyone sees the Geddy Lee solo album....

Back