Black Friday RSD 2019

Well I had a successful trip, managed to get the records I wanted.

What I didn't like was the experience itself. I knew it would be busy but people were acting like animals. I went to Rough Trade on my way into work. They had arranged 4 big boxes on a table which was SWARMED with people pushing, shoving, shouting. Manic. I finally got to a position to flick through and halfway a guy just pushed all the records back up into my hand. I turn to him and tell him I was halfway through and that he crushed my hand and his response was "I dont care, I wanted to start from the front". I pushed them back to where I was because screw that guy.

After I got the records I went to one side (where it was dead quiet) and was told by a staff member that I "cant look through them until they are paid for", which is a crazy thing to say but he was super stressed to be fair to him. I get in the queue and theres 3 tills, at one is an angry guy kicking off at a staff member because they dont have a Katy Perry album in stock. At another is a guy who, according to the staff member, was one of the first in, ran over to the boxes and grabbed the whole stack of a particular release. He then took them to his mate standing at the side and took it in turns queuing up and paying for them one at a time. The staff member was telling him that he cant use the came credit card each time as they could get fined and the customer was getting annoyed because hes only got 4 cards and has already used them. Clearly flippers.

I know im ranting at this point but, damn, people need to realise that all this is about something they dont even need, its a hobby which is supposed to be fun. I know I played into it today by going first thing (which I wont be doing again BTW), but the whole thing could have been fun and stress free if it wasn't for the few individuals that wreck it for everyone.

I cringed while reading this. This behavior is horrible and it’s reflective of our culture in general - especially on a day like Black Friday. I was in an awkward situation earlier where I was in line and some people cut blah blah blah and there were only 3 copies of what I wanted, so I mentally prepared myself to miss out and grab it on Discogs. Not worth the altercation for me. Anyways, yeah, I wish there was a better system in place for BF/RSD in general. Can you imagine how Americans would act if something like food or water was scarce?!

edit: Also, the 4/6 box setup is the worst. My locals do that. Not very conducive to 20-100 people trying to find the same thing.

I kinda hate RSD. Drove an hour to show up almost 3 hours early to my local. It was freezing but the only record I really wanted a lot was the Patsy Cline Decca collection which I knew was only 1k presses. My record store is pretty big and they still only got 1 copy allocated so needless to say I didn’t get it.

I know its a long shot but if anyone sees it in their shops today I will gladly pay for it + shipping + some extra for your troubles.

If people want other members to pick stuff up, would you mind posting a photo of the cover? It makes quick sorting much easier. I’ll keep an eye out for y’all. Thanks!
Good idea.

This is the one thing I am looking for:

78116669_10156414622181010_5275592506740834304_o.jpg

It's a cassette box set, so it shouldn't be hard to find really. I would be so happy if someone comes across this and grabs one for me. I've been looking on eBay and those prices are absolutely insane.

I’m heading out now, my local usually has a decent stock and not that many people hit it up. However, they do seem to be a few bucks higher than what I see online. If anyone is still looking for anything, I’ll try to grab what I can.

If people want other members to pick stuff up, would you mind posting a photo of the cover? It makes quick sorting much easier. I’ll keep an eye out for y’all. Thanks!
good thought!

if anyone in the US sees this and can grab me a copy I would really appreciate it!!

418461594626_360.jpg

that said it looks like I can order it now from Vinyl-Digital.com but I have no experience with them... is anyone able to vouch from them? I rather not order it from overseas, but if I have to I will..

Edan - Beauty And The Beat (Black Waxday 2019) (Vinyl LP) | vinyl-digital.com Online-Shop | en

good thought!

if anyone in the US sees this and can grab me a copy I would really appreciate it!!

View attachment 24263

that said it looks like I can order it now from Vinyl-Digital.com but I have no experience with them... is anyone able to vouch from them? I rather not order it from overseas, but if I have to I will..

Edan - Beauty And The Beat (Black Waxday 2019) (Vinyl LP) | vinyl-digital.com Online-Shop | en

I can vouch for them. Alot of people use them.

Back