Best Vinyl Youtube Channels

Second with @AndySlash

VinylRewind is pretty much the only YouTube related vinyl dude I watch. I find his Docu-Series on albums really informative, and well made. He just did a whole series on The Wall, which made me appreciate it more! Sometimes I'll watch TooManyRecords, but I find his habit... Borderline unhealthy.. Lol. Basically buys every varient of every new release. Not entirely into that type of stuff.

i'll watch vinyl rewind videos every once in awhile

He hasn't had a lot of content I've been interested in, but I really like his way of presenting them. I hope he continues!

Techmoan's popular in his own right so I assume most people here have heard of him already. His focus is on unusual retro tech so he has plenty vinyl-centric ones too.

Channel 33 RPM is probably the most unpretentious vinyl channel out there - dude isn't afraid to hold back on the flame transition effects, and he has plenty of easy-to-watch and well-informed content that will be helpful to a lot of beginners! He also seems like the nicest dad.

I'd love to throw my hat into the ring. Been at it since 2015 on a regular basis, and I'm super proud of the community we've built over at TMR.

If you haven't checked out my content, feel free to check 'em out and give me a subscribe if you dig it! I have hundreds of videos about all aspects of vinyl, focusing on collecting and music recommendations. And I do a fair amount of giveaways :)

My most recent vid:

The only one I watch on a regular basis is Channel 33 RPM. I don’t really care to watch other people drone on and on about their records.

I’m not a violent person but one guy I’d really love to punch countless times all over his skull
is Vinyl Eyezz.

One of the newer channels I’ve been watching is Andrew Robinson. Mostly for his tech reviews and that he refers to himself as the Walmart Tom Hardy.

The only one I watch on a regular basis is Channel 33 RPM. I don’t really care to watch other people drone on and on about their records.

I’m not a violent person but one guy I’d really love to punch countless times all over his skull
is Vinyl Eyezz.

One of the newer channels I’ve been watching is Andrew Robinson. Mostly for his tech reviews and that he refers to himself as the Walmart Tom Hardy.

I've seen Vinyl Eyezz channel. I'd have to agree.

These are the ones that I watch for vinyl

and this one for random gear

I sub to vinyl rewind, but the whole retro hipster shtick is a bit much.

I've seen Vinyl Eyezz channel. I'd have to agree.

Well, he is a Trump supporter...

On another note, he does have the eye and skills to produce well-made content, but I'm not a fan of the actual content itself — most of them aren't substantial or even interesting enough for me, and they all seem to aim at benefitting from casual YouTube viewers rather than actual hobbyists (succinct SEO terms, bright/vivid thumbnails, the occasional off-brand video clearly designed to accumulate views). That would be ok in most instances, since content creators need to earn that $$$, but his efforts have come across the most disingenuous to me.

There's a lot of talk about the misinformation on his channel, and it wouldn't be a problem if it's a standard vlog channel — and if you read his About page, he's careful with his language not to position himself as an expert or a well-informed hobbyist — but it would be a problem when there are beginners stumbling upon his videos and taking his advice as truth.

Well, he is a Trump supporter...

On another note, he does have the eye and skills to produce well-made content, but I'm not a fan of the actual content itself — most of them aren't substantial or even interesting enough for me, and they all seem to aim at benefitting from casual YouTube viewers rather than actual hobbyists (succinct SEO terms, bright/vivid thumbnails, the occasional off-brand video clearly designed to accumulate views). That would be ok in most instances, since content creators need to earn that $$$, but his efforts have come across the most disingenuous to me.

There's a lot of talk about the misinformation on his channel, and it wouldn't be a problem if it's a standard vlog channel — and if you read his About page, he's careful with his language not to position himself as an expert or a well-informed hobbyist — but it would be a problem when there are beginners stumbling upon his videos and taking his advice as truth.

Even more reason to punch his skull.

@lazylistener love me some techmoan!

@toomanyrecords lol, sorry Matt! Didn't know you were on the new forum. I will say I've watched a couple of your live streams, you seem to be a very genuine dude. Welcome to the forum!

Ha! No problem man. You're not wrong about your assessment... but if I'm gonna be borderline unhealthy about something, might as well be music :)

Also, I should say -- if anyone has any suggestions on how I can continue improving my content, I am a BIG FAN of constructive criticism. I'm not gonna get into public beef with other channels or anything (although the political stuff can make me angry if we go too deep...) but Vinyl Eyezz and I started our channels around the same time and he's like 7x the size of my channel -- and yet there are huge reddit threads dedicated to talking down about his channel. If anyone can help me figure out why my growth has been stifled, and his is seemingly limitless, it would possibly help me continue to bridge that gap! Open to any ideas and thoughts.

Also, I should say -- if anyone has any suggestions on how I can continue improving my content, I am a BIG FAN of constructive criticism. I'm not gonna get into public beef with other channels or anything (although the political stuff can make me angry if we go too deep...) but Vinyl Eyezz and I started our channels around the same time and he's like 7x the size of my channel -- and yet there are huge reddit threads dedicated to talking down about his channel. If anyone can help me figure out why my growth has been stifled, and his is seemingly limitless, it would possibly help me continue to bridge that gap! Open to any ideas and thoughts.

Well, just comparing your top videos vs his, it's clear that his have gotten traction because his videos appear to be editorialized — his branding is quite holistic and that comes across clearly, from the Buzzfeed-inspired color scheme to the direct video titles (10 Record Player Mistakes, TOOL: Top 10 Facts). Once you watch his videos you realize it's kind of a grift, as they're not the well-researched guide videos you'd find on channels run by a network of professional writers/editors.

Notice how his thumbnails are centred around the video's premise, whereas yours is more consistent of someone who's a vlogger/influencer. That's not a bad thing, since that's how the majority of YouTubers go about with building their brand. At the same time, I think it's also a hindrance if you're looking to build an audience on the level of Vinyl Eyezz, or even bigger, since the image you project now is something of a hobbyist, and it communicates something that casual viewers may not be interested on clicking.

I think where VinylEyezz has it is in two places.
1) his content is more broadly based ie. how to get started in the hobby, what gear is cheap but usable etc. That’s how I found his channel anyway. Those videos are short and his delivery is quite straightforward. It’s ultimately a bit shallow though. I’d be interested in how his subscribers translates to views versus a channel like yours.
2) his lighting. I think this issomething I could say about nearly every vinyl channel there is out there. The lighting on the content is so dark, often in dark painted rooms. Vinyl is such a physical hobby as in we like to see and touch beauty. Look at any of the wildly successful tech channels. Their success is predicated on the ability to make the products look AMAZING. It’s a big outlay I know to take a chance on but it’s something I’ve thought about doing myself as there’s a gap in the market for showing just how beautiful some of these vinyl packages are.

I really like the free form content of the unboxing live-streams (plus it times well with my borderline insomnia here in Ireland) but unboxing should show off the product better. Only other thing I’d say (and this applies to just about every vinyl YouTube) is less is more. If showing some records I want to see what you like about the album and or the artist and not that you just picked it up to throw in s collection. We all use these vids for discovery so 2 or 3 are ones I can look up and explore but once it goes beyond that it becomes too much distraction.

Good luck and I really appreciate the effort and content. 👍

is Vinyl Eyezz.

+1 for Andrew Robinson. Seems like a nice guy.

Back