Best recent AAA releases/reissues...

Derek and the Dominoes - Layla and other assorted love songs
Grateful dead - American beauty
The band - music from the big pink (I actually prefer the 1980s mofi of this to their new pressing)
Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd
Miles Davis- Kind of Blue
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

I'd add Workingman's Dead to the Grateful Dead list, as well as the two Garcia/Grisman titles. I have all of the Dead/Garcia MoFi titles and there's not one that is anything short of phenomenal.

Keep an eye out for a Blues for Allah announcement in the coming months. Will be interesting to A/B it to the Audio Fidelity pressing

Screenshot_20190318-101357_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20190318-101518_Instagram.jpg

The Red and Blue albums also we're done AAA in 2014

I thought at least with these being AAA and stereo that an AAA reissue of White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let it Be was coming right up.

5 years later... ⏱

I thought at least with these being AAA and stereo that an AAA reissue of White Album, Yellow Submarine, Abbey Road, and Let it Be was coming right up.

5 years later... ⏱
But they did White Album in 2014 and released another last year that I *beieve* is AAA.

Hoping to see Abbey Road get some nice 50th Anniversary treatment this year. Let It Be for next year...:unsure:;)

But they did White Album in 2014 and released another last year that I *beieve* is AAA.

Hoping to see Abbey Road get some nice 50th Anniversary treatment this year. Let It Be for next year...:unsure:;)
Oh I know, I got that one, but the Stereo is different enough, I thought they'd do that too. Not sure if I'd double up though. I gave up on waiting for a reissue a couple years ago and got a mid 70s UK of Abbey Road, which sounds great.

Edit: Sorry, just realized I wasn't clear that I meant stereo reissues in my last post.

More!

The 2015 Analogue Productions edition of Pet Sounds, but specifically the mono version, which is the only AAA version (the true stereo pressings were digitally remixed in the 90s). It's by an audiophile label, but the price isn't that much higher from most Mondo pressings. There's a 2xLP, 45rpm version of this, which some swear to be better than the 1LP version, but I'm more than satisfied with my copy.

I'm not sure if newer pressings use the same cut, but this release of The White Stripes' Elephant uses plates which, to my knowledge, were cut directly from analog tapes. Correct me if I'm wrong!

I don't own this, but it seems Shellac's last album Dude Incredible was AAA as well, and easily available for an affordable price.

All of the elephant pressings should be AAA.

Everything I'm finding is pointing digital. They say "sourced from" tape which is pretty different compared to how clear the marketing was for the AAA monos. Also, when remixes are involved it is less likely.

Yeah you are right, everything I’m seeing now points to ADA or ADD as well

So what other non-Dylan and Weezer mofi is an absolute must own?

Here's a few of my MoFi must haves. Trick is a favorite and sounds great, especially with the deep bass from the Taurus pedals. The Santana 45rpm is really well done, as is Tigerlily. I'm a bit mixed on Tapestry, but probably because I think it could have been recorded so much better originally, though the MoFi may be one of the better sounding copies available. I wasn't as happy with the sound quality of the Pretenders first album, from MoFi either, though it's a great album. I have a preorder on the Yes Fragile One Step and am really excited for that one! Will be my first One Step.

Back