Best recent AAA releases/reissues...

I've got every recent Dylan mofi and they are fucking outstanding. Particular shout out to the mono freewheelin' which is the best mofi I've ever heard.

I only have 3 of them and the 33 Blood on the tracks. I do have the ludicrous one step of blood on the tracks on order though. Out of the 45s I have I think Desire is the one! I can’t complain about the monos of Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited, pretty stellar too!

I only have 3 of them and the 33 Blood on the tracks. I do have the ludicrous one step of blood on the tracks on order though. Out of the 45s I have I think Desire is the one! I can’t complain about the monos of Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited, pretty stellar too!

The 33 blood on the tracks is incredible. I can't see how they can improve on that but I'm eager to find out.

The desire is brilliant, especially when you take into account how shite all other copies sound. No idea how they made it sound that good. I feel similarly about Mofis Derek and the Dominoes record. They are doing some magic up there.

If I were to pick a top 5 Dylan mofi:

1: Freewheelin mono
2. Blonde on blonde box
3. Highway 61 stereo
4. Bringing It All Back home mono
5. Blood on the tracks 33

Out of the ones I have the Dylan 2LP 45RPM ones are the stars. Exceptional records...

I have Freewheeling (Stereo) and Blonde on Blonde (3xLP box) and both are phenomenal. I'm really tempted to pre order the Blood on the Tracks One Step, but not sure it's worth an extra $75 more than the standard MFSL Gain 2 release

The 33 blood on the tracks is incredible. I can't see how they can improve on that but I'm eager to find out.

The desire is brilliant, especially when you take into account how shite all other copies sound. No idea how they made it sound that good. I feel similarly about Mofis Derek and the Dominoes record. They are doing some magic up there.

If I were to pick a top 5 Dylan mofi:

1: Freewheelin mono
2. Blonde on blonde box
3. Highway 61 stereo
4. Bringing It All Back home mono
5. Blood on the tracks 33

I actually got the 45 Desire to replace a 33 Desire repress from the 80s in the U.K. and it sounded great. Was almost see through it was that thin but yeah was a good pressing. This is an exceptional pressing though haha!

I have Freewheeling (Stereo) and Blonde on Blonde (3xLP box) and both are phenomenal. I'm really tempted to pre order the Blood on the Tracks One Step, but not sure it's worth an extra $75 more than the standard MFSL Gain 2 release

The standard isn’t that price now. Mofi have none left and the shops selling them are playing on that. I’ve not seen a sealed copy for less that £100 in the last 6 months...

I actually got the 45 Desire to replace a 33 Desire repress from the 80s in the U.K. and it sounded great. Was almost see through it was that thin but yeah was a good pressing. This is an exceptional pressing though haha!

Ahh man, I don't think I've ever heard a desire pressing pre mofi that sounded even half decent. So muddy. Not quite as bad as street legal (shudder) but still awful. The mofi was a revelation.

I’m tempted by the new one step also - I think I’ll bite the bullet and per-order. I’ve only got BIA from mofi so far but I need to get some Weezer and Dylan ticked off for sure.

Yeah I have the first two Weezer (Pinkerton is VMP but they got the Mofi plates!) both amazing. As is Carole King’s Tapestry

The standard isn’t that price now. Mofi have none left and the shops selling them are playing on that. I’ve not seen a sealed copy for less that £100 in the last 6 months...

My local shop still has one for $49.99 (they're one of the few authorized MoFi dealers on the East Coast US); or at least they did when I was in last week. They generally don't mark up titles until a few years after they've been OOP

My local shop still has one for $49.99 (they're one of the few authorized MoFi dealers on the East Coast US); or at least they did when I was in last week. They generally don't mark up titles until a few years after they've been OOP

We don’t get as many of them at all this side of the ocean, we have to play the customs roulette or pay a marked up price!

If I decide to go for the One Step and they still have the standard 45rpm BotT, I'll grab it for you if you want and get it over to you for as cheap as I can!

Haha cheers but I have the standard 33 Mofi and it’s great I got it about 5 years ago for the much more reasonable price of €35! I also have the one step on pre order too because I’m a lunatic and because I think it is one of the great artistic statements of the twentieth century!

Haha cheers but I have the standard 33 Mofi and it’s great I got it about 5 years ago for the much more reasonable price of €35! I also have the one step on pre order too because I’m a lunatic and because I think it is one of the great artistic statements of the twentieth century!

Hey now, I think the preferred vernacular is "enthusiast"! 🤣

So what other non-Dylan and Weezer mofi is an absolute must own?

Derek and the Dominoes - Layla and other assorted love songs
Grateful dead - American beauty
The band - music from the big pink (I actually prefer the 1980s mofi of this to their new pressing)
Pronounced Lynyrd Skynyrd
Miles Davis- Kind of Blue
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms

Back