Mdou Moctar - Afrique Victime
Lord Huron - Long Lost
Iceage - Seek Shelter
Bachelor - Doomin' Sun
Alfie Templeton - Forever Isn't Long Enoug
CHAI - Wink
Black Midi - Cavalcade

Last edited:
Yeah, Portal is definitely not introductory metal. I know I posted it in the Metal! thread (like @musicjunkiegreg, I thought it was solid).
I'd been curious and then it was the two of you posting that pushed it up in priority to check out, for sure. I definitely am glad I listened, and can appreciate it to some degree, but yeah... I'm gonna stick to the shallow end of the pool for a bit longer! :ROFLMAO:

Seen a bunch of love for the Portal album, so I figured I'd give it a try. I feel like I maybe jumped ahead too many levels with this one. o_O
Yeah, Portal is definitely not an accessible listen by any means 🤣 I would say that they are in one of the highest tiers of extreme metal in that regard. Their music is suffocating and pummeling for sure, and you've got to be in the right state of mind, I guess, to appreciate the style. Oddly, this style of extreme metal calls to me 🤣🤘

Yeah, Portal is definitely not introductory metal. I know I posted it in the Metal! thread (like @musicjunkiegreg, I thought it was solid).
I need to follow that Metal! thread... @Hollywood already told me about it. I've been so busy with work the last two months, I haven't been on the forum much. Gotta follow and get involved in a few more threads!

I'd been curious and then it was the two of you posting that pushed it up in priority to check out, for sure. I definitely am glad I listened, and can appreciate it to some degree, but yeah... I'm gonna stick to the shallow end of the pool for a bit longer! :ROFLMAO:
Honored that, along with @Rip_City , my posting about Portal made listening to it a bigger priority 🤗😎🤘

Back