Best Music of 2021

Well, colour me curious! 🎧🎵🎶
I've been singing her praises for years now. She's among my favorite artists and songwriters, it's not an exaggeration to say that her music has been life-changing for me. It would be awesome if this next album is the one that finally gets her more recognition, she's been delivering consistently amazing albums for a decade now and I've been waiting for more people to realize how great she is.

The EP that dropped a few weeks ago was solid ('Distance' hit me in the feels because, well, I guess it's obvious). Their debut is def on my radar list for Friday 👌
I have the orange vinyl on lock. Mammoth is one of the best songs of the year! I’m also just bittersweet about the name because Wolfgang asked his dad’s permission to use mammoth which was the original name before Van Halen was a name!

I've been singing her praises for years now. She's among my favorite artists and songwriters, it's not an exaggeration to say that her music has been life-changing for me. It would be awesome if this next album is the one that finally gets her more recognition, she's been delivering consistently amazing albums for a decade now and I've been waiting for more people to realize how great she is.

Alright, I'm gonna give her a listen while I file some paperwork. Any recommendation for which album to start with?

I've started with Audiotree Live and love the first two songs so far.

Alright, I'm gonna give her a listen while I file some paperwork. Any recommendation for which album to start with?
This is a tough call, but I'd say Wheel is a good enough album to start with to give you a taste of what she's all about. It has a good balance of slower, stripped down songs and heavier rock-influenced songs. From there, I'd say if you like the heavier, upbeat stuff more, I'd highly recommend Cocksure, and if the slower stuff is more your speed, I'd give The Big Freeze a listen.

Her 2011 album Sit Resist was recently remastered, and while it has some of my favorite songs of hers, even with it being remastered the production is a bit lackluster, so it's probably not a good one to start with. But songs like "Halloween, Pts. 1 &2", "Master of Art" and "Barnacles" are part of what made me love her so much, so it's certainly worth a listen as well.

I've started with Audiotree Live and love the first two songs so far.
Ah, I didn't think about this, but that would be a good starting point as well! Certainly a good showcase of her amazing vocals 💙 The first two songs are from The Big Freeze, her most recent album, so maybe it would be cool to start with the newest one and just work your way backwards?

This is a tough call, but I'd say Wheel is a good enough album to start with to give you a taste of what she's all about. It has a good balance of slower, stripped down songs and heavier rock-influenced songs. From there, I'd say if you like the heavier, upbeat stuff more, I'd highly recommend Cocksure, and if the slower stuff is more your speed, I'd give The Big Freeze a listen.

Her 2011 album Sit Resist was recently remastered, and while it has some of my favorite songs of hers, even with it being remastered the production is a bit lackluster, so it's probably not a good one to start with. But songs like "Halloween, Pts. 1 &2", "Master of Art" and "Barnacles" are part of what made me love her so much, so it's certainly worth a listen as well.

By cover alone, Wheel was the most appealing. And where I'm at now.

I can confirm that the new LS single is very good. Got an early download of State because I pre-ordered the album last week.

ntsowFr.png

Last edited:
Back