Baseball

So MLB is letting them all go into the new season with no punishment to any players involved?

Yeah, eff this. :

Major League Baseball called the scandal a "player-driven scheme," but Crane said of the players, "These are a great group of guys who did not receive proper guidance from their leaders."

If it is player driven, why aren't any players going to be punished?

I think at this point they need to be stripped of their title. And they need to harshly punish some of those cheaters.

I saw a tweet, can't find it, so I'm paraphrasing, but apparently, Bregman and Altuve have contracts through 2024 and 2025 and Correa and Springer have contracts through 2020 and 2021. Guess which players attempted to apologize more than the others?

I saw a tweet, can't find it, so I'm paraphrasing, but apparently, Bregman and Altuve have contracts through 2024 and 2025 and Correa and Springer have contracts through 2020 and 2021. Guess which players attempted to apologize more than the others?

Bregman and Altuve are among the players I'm talking about when I say players need to be punished.

I hope they get beaned constantly and that the umps turn a blind eye. (But no one gets hurt)

Major League Baseball called the scandal a "player-driven scheme," but Crane said of the players, "These are a great group of guys who did not receive proper guidance from their leaders."
Some of the reports I saw said that Hinch tried to stop the players a few times by breaking the monitor they were using, so it sounded player driven more than anything. Not letting Hinch off, he didn't do anywhere near enough to stop it. Like, reporting something to someone. The players should be punished too.

As is the tradition, this will be stationed within arms reach of my recliner for the next 8 months or so. My annual copy Baseball Prospectus may be my favorite thing I get in the mail all year. It signifies the start of baseball season almost as much as pitchers and catchers reporting. Also the Chi Sox might actually be fun to watch this season (I am cautiously optimistic). I am also the commissioner of a decade strong 12 team Fantasy Keeper league which is about as fun as rooting for the good guys (about). ⚾⚾⚾️ !!!
50680CB1-73C6-4101-86AB-546AD693E9E3.jpeg

Bregman and Altuve are among the players I'm talking about when I say players need to be punished.

I hope they get beaned constantly and that the umps turn a blind eye. (But no one gets hurt)
The problem is this is gonna turn out to be a widespread MLB issue. It started with the Astros went to The Red Sox and I bet we find out it occurred in other (if not every other) clubhouses. I appreciate the league trying to fix this but it gonna have to do a lot more the fire some coaches and fine some teams.

So MLB is letting them all go into the new season with no punishment to any players involved?
I think the League would have a tough time punishing players under the current collective bargaining agreement. If they wanna punish players (which they absolutely should) they need to finish their investigation to show how big on an issue the cheating is (which I fear is MLB wide) then negotiate any offense that severely punished the players involved.

Also you guys see this Bullshit...
Manfred wants to make Baseball for people who don’t like baseball at the expense of people who love baseball.

Manfred wants to make Baseball for people who don’t like baseball at the expense of people who love baseball.

That's one of my biggest turnoffs about the NBA. It feels like every effing team makes the playoffs, so what's the point of the regular season?

Manfred needs to go. He's proven himself to be an unworthy steward of the game.

That's one of my biggest turnoffs about the NBA. It feels like every effing team makes the playoffs, so what's the point of the regular season?

Manfred needs to go. He's proven himself to be an unworthy steward of the game.
I agree. It dilutes the point of the regular season. And what is this crap that teams can choose their opponent? Nope. That's a horrible idea.

Instead of focusing on the playoffs (which aren't broken), fix the fucking cheating problem!

I agree. It dilutes the point of the regular season. And what is this crap that teams can choose their opponent? Nope. That's a horrible idea.

Instead of focusing on the playoffs (which aren't broken), fix the fucking cheating problem!
Also, if you are worried about popularity with a younger audience, how about you quit blacking out streaming in the local markets. Young people don’t have cable dummy.

Also, if you are worried about popularity with a younger audience, how about you quit blacking out streaming in the local markets. Young people don’t have cable dummy.
isn't NBA extremely lax on copyrights and sharing of content on social media?

Before and after pretty much every game is "cannot re-use without the express written consent of Major League Baseball" etc. If more people are able to engage with any kind of MLB content then more people will be into baseball. So what if @AstrosSuck69 posted a compilation of all the home runs in the World Series and has 50k views on twitter. People are seeing that and might end up following baseball if it's easy for them to do so.

It's kinda the same thing with music, at least for me. I download A LOT of music without paying for it. I'm not going to throw $10 on mp3s or $20 on an LP on something I haven't heard before. I don't pay for Spotify/Apple anything, so that's the way I go. I become a fan of the music in that trial period and then maybe buy an LP later or go to a show and then when they release something new I might pre-order an LP. The threshold for myself become a fan was a zero and now I'm following all these bands I wouldn't have before. It can be the same for MLB.

This essay says it all:

I wasn't aware they were involved in another scandal in 2018.

Dismantle that trash team. It's rotten to the core.

Back