Baseball

The Giants lost a game they needed and had easily in hand last night on a walk off home run...at home.

I just can’t anymore 2020.

The Giants lost a game they needed and had easily in hand last night on a walk off home run...at home.

I just can’t anymore 2020.
As it stands, the Giants would be the 8th seed and play the Dodgers, so for now, they're in. I'm a lifelong Padres fan, super excited to see them finally do well. Apparently Lamet's injury is just bicep tenderness, so he should be alright for the playoffs, but their rotation tenuous at best. Of all times for injuries to happen and Tatis to get into a lump, now isn't it.

As it stands, the Giants would be the 8th seed and play the Dodgers, so for now, they're in. I'm a lifelong Padres fan, super excited to see them finally do well. Apparently Lamet's injury is just bicep tenderness, so he should be alright for the playoffs, but their rotation tenuous at best. Of all times for injuries to happen and Tatis to get into a lump, now isn't it.
Yeah, I know where they stand but it would have made things so much easier if we had held on last night. Now the 7 seed is pretty much gone so even if they hold on to the 8 we get the dodgers in the first round. I hate the dodgers.

My team is Cleveland and our reward for passing the White Sox would be...facing the Yankees in the first round. That said, with a rotation of Bieber, Carrasco, and Plesac lined up, I still like our chances. Normally, rooting for elimination of the Yankees is as rewarding as pulling for my team to advance. As such, quite a bit at stake in this first round if things hold.

My team is Cleveland and our reward for passing the White Sox would be...facing the Yankees in the first round. That said, with a rotation of Bieber, Carrasco, and Plesac lined up, I still like our chances. Normally, rooting for elimination of the Yankees is as rewarding as pulling for my team to advance. As such, quite a bit at stake in this first round if things hold.
Yanks are beatable. Jays just took 3 of 4 from them. They're really injured. Even with some hitters coming back their rotation is still kinda jacked.

Yanks are beatable. Jays just took 3 of 4 from them. They're really injured. Even with some hitters coming back their rotation is still kinda jacked.

Agreed. They really seemed to be getting healthy and hitting their stride, but the Jays took the air out of that balloon.

The Indians excel at run prevention....run scoring, not so much. It could be an interesting series.

Agreed. They really seemed to be getting healthy and hitting their stride, but the Jays took the air out of that balloon.

The Indians excel at run prevention....run scoring, not so much. It could be an interesting series.
Sorry, took 2 of 3 not 3 of 4. But nevertheless the Yanks have been sliding. And I'm sure Judge and Stanton will go down again with some seemingly insignificant injury that will keep them out for 6 months. Because if there's one thing we've learned it's that 6 foot six men with a physique greek gods would be jealous of BREAK VERY EASILY.

Last edited:
Left the White Sox off your AL list you may wanna fix that.

I really like the White Sox future potential, but they have struggled recently and I believe the A's bullpen will be the difference in this one. If Luzardo pitches well today, and they pull him before he has to get through the order a third time, A's should be up 1-0.

I really like the White Sox future potential, but they have struggled recently and I believe the A's bullpen will be the difference in this one. If Luzardo pitches well today, and they pull him before he has to get through the order a third time, A's should be up 1-0.
True but...

I like our chances.

True but...

I like our chances.

It should be a fun series, with a great pitching match-up today. The A's have been there before, but have a track record of failing in the playoffs. The White Sox are young and on the rise, with nothing to lose. Both teams need their young starters to be sharp in game 1.

Back