Baseball

Pretty sure we're both on the downturn in the coming years. Feels like the AL West is primed for Seattle to take over next.
Yeah, the PNW is a surprisingly optimistic place when in comes to Sports fandom especially considering the cities history. I am very frustrated with what ownership has down to the White Sox franchise since the World Series season and think I am gonna spend more time with the Mariners this year than the Sox. I will never move on completely from the White Sox (unless they leave Chicago), it’s not in my DNA but the team has been such a disappointment over the past couple years after giving me false hope, I probably won’t watch much baseball unless I adopt another team.

All that being said, The Mariners pitching should be scary good this year and the AL West should be a dogfight all year long.

Yeah, the PNW is a surprisingly optimistic place when in comes to Sports fandom especially considering the cities history. I am very frustrated with what ownership has down to the White Sox franchise since the World Series season and think I am gonna spend more time with the Mariners this year than the Sox. I will never move on completely from the White Sox (unless they leave Chicago), it’s not in my DNA but the team has been such a disappointment over the past couple years after giving me false hope, I probably won’t watch much baseball unless I adopt another team.

All that being said, The Mariners pitching should be scary good this year and the AL West should be a dogfight all year long.
Just say you're a fan of teams named after socks and alternate between Chi Sox, Reds and Red Sox.

The crazy thing is they have a great fan base in Oakland, they just need a new stadium there vs in Vegas. And their owner needs to go!
Yeah but the owner wants you to pay for his stadium, and Vegas are suckers enough to throw money at it so fare thee well, A's.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa or Miami (or Colorado?) relocate to the Bay Area down the road. They could gamble with Montreal again, but it sounds like that's a pipe dream. Charlotte or Nashville could be options to stay in the South. The only "new" market that makes sense to me is Portland, Oregon but every time their name pops up the interest doesn't seem to be very high.

I really wish the Mariners got Snell instead of the Giants, would’ve been such a great story

I really wish the Mariners got Snell instead of the Giants, would’ve been such a great story
Would've been nice, but I don't know if they need him. Could use a couple bats though. Should be an exciting season. Wish I could've made it up for opening night tonight but gotta head to Spokane today through the weekend. We'll get up there for a few games though.

Looking forward to a Phillies vs Mariners world series!

Yeah but the owner wants you to pay for his stadium, and Vegas are suckers enough to throw money at it so fare thee well, A's.

I wouldn't be surprised if Tampa or Miami (or Colorado?) relocate to the Bay Area down the road. They could gamble with Montreal again, but it sounds like that's a pipe dream. Charlotte or Nashville could be options to stay in the South. The only "new" market that makes sense to me is Portland, Oregon but every time their name pops up the interest doesn't seem to be very high.
I'd love to have the A's here in Portland with some new ownership. Just recently grabbed this hat so I’m ready to go!

IMG_1387.jpeg

I'd love to have the A's here in Portland with some new ownership. Just recently grabbed this hat so I’m ready to go!

View attachment 198951
The Tacoma Rainiers used to be the A’s minor league affiliate in the 1970s. They were known as the Tacoma Tigers. I picked up one of their throwbacks at a Rainiers game and it’s one my favorite caps.
IMG_3195.jpeg

McClain had surgery this week and is out for the year more than likely. Noelvi Marte suspended for 80 games for PEDs. :-(
Still think the NL Central is up for grabs. The Cards will be improved, the Pirates will be a bit better, the Cubs will be about the same, and The Brew Crew will be a bit down. Cincy has a shot.

I think my brother and I will doing our Summer baseball trip this August to Denver to see the Rockies play either the Braves or the Padres. He's never been to Denver. It was between there or Seattle but that's a much longer flight and cost for us. Plus, he loves beer so there's plenty of breweries we can hit up. I think we'd like to do a Mariners game when we could also hit up a University of Washington game. It will be hard to top the SF/Oakland trip from last summer. I'd also like to do a Padres game in San Diego but we're planning to do that when we can also go up to LA and catch the Dodgers again. Love that stadium.

I think my brother and I will doing our Summer baseball trip this August to Denver to see the Rockies play either the Braves or the Padres. He's never been to Denver. It was between there or Seattle but that's a much longer flight and cost for us. Plus, he loves beer so there's plenty of breweries we can hit up. I think we'd like to do a Mariners game when we could also hit up a University of Washington game. It will be hard to top the SF/Oakland trip from last summer. I'd also like to do a Padres game in San Diego but we're planning to do that when we can also go up to LA and catch the Dodgers again. Love that stadium.
I've been wanting to get to Denver too, but wish that team was better! San Fran is fantastic, and Seattle is very similar it just doesn't have the bay over the wall. It's a great stadium! We're getting down for a Phillies/Padres game next month, and a couple Padres/Reds game too. Also squeezing in some golf at Torrey Pines and a fitting at the Callaway home office, but that's for another thread.

Back