Bandcamp Fridays

I know BC Friday is over, but I thought some of you may enjoy this upcoming release on the TruThoughts label. Its a colaborative album by Brooklyn-based saxophonist/producer Sly5thAve and Mexican keyboard extraordinaire Roberto Verastegui. The teaser track shows a cool blend of jazz, funk and Hip Hop which I think fans of Herbie Hancock, Joe Armon-Jones and Makaya McCraven will enjoy.

Preorders are up both for the digital and the 2LP release.

Last edited:
ughhh
This is a perplexing business acquisition to say the least but nonetheless I will continue to support BC Fridays as it supports the artists I like and listen 🎶 to, not to mention they facilitate the sale of physical items such as vinyl, and until their business model and platform changes I have reason not to 🤷‍♂️

Although we've seen some notable steps forward in feature development in recent months, the platform has historically felt slow to change (as opposed to just being intentional in pace). Larger developer backing could certainly help expedite improvements that add to Bandcamp's viability for artists and fans alike. That is the extent of my optimism about all this. I certainly hope to have my misgivings proven wrong, though.

If-you-expect-disappointment-then-you-can-never-really-be-disappointed.jpg

Since it's Bandcamp Friday I'm looking for good stuff. I'll throw up all the Weedian compilations which are only digital but are name your price. They're stoner and heavy psych, a little doom metal, from all over the world. Incredible comps if you like these genres.

Since it's Bandcamp Friday I'm looking for good stuff. I'll throw up all the Weedian compilations which are only digital but are name your price. They're stoner and heavy psych, a little doom metal, from all over the world. Incredible comps if you like these genres.

snagged a bunch of these as well as edward ka-spel and legendary pink dots' experimental stuff that's all NYP (I have most of the older stuff on CD but it's nice to have on FLAC without having to rip myself)

Good moment to preorder this record, which comes out in a couple of weeks. 2 teaser tracks so far, and both sound really good.

I know BC Friday is over, but I thought some of you may enjoy this upcoming release on the TruThoughts label. Its a colaborative album by Brooklyn-based saxophonist/producer Sly5thAve and Mexican keyboard extraordinaire Roberto Verastegui. The teaser track shows a cool blend of jazz, funk and Hip Hop which I think fans of Herbie Hancock, Joe Armon-Jones and Makaya McCraven will enjoy.

Preorders are up both for the digital and the 2LP release.

Last edited:
Back