Bandcamp Fridays

Mississippi Records is a great little shop here in Portland, and label (used to be here, now located in Chicago). They recently sent this out regarding Bandcamp Friday. I would encourage folks check their page out. They have an amazing catalog of soul, blues, gospel, and pretty much every genre under the sun (including Dead Moon). In any case, nearly something for everyone, and a portion of any sales are going to a good cause. Link below, along with a few recommendations to get you started.
Hi friends,

This Friday, November 5th, Bandcamp is waiving its share of revenue for all purchases from midnight to midnight PST. We're making the entire Mississippi Records discography available as Name Your Price downloads for 24 hours, including releases by Dead Moon, Space Lady, Chrissy Zebby Tembo, and Abner Jay. And at long last, we're releasing TWO stunning albums by the virtuosa of theremin, Clara Rockmore!!!

A portion of our sales this Friday will go to Wellness Worldwide, an organization providing food and medical care to displaced people in Afghanistan. If you've been meaning to explore our catalog, this is a great day to it.

Check mississippirecords.bandcamp.com for more

All love from both sides of the river,

Mississippi

Last edited:
I did skim that Stereogum article about Best New Bands of 2021 and really liked Storefront Church, but they don't have anything on vinyl yet.
They've got records, just not on Bandcamp. (Waiting on my copy to arrive since I bundled it with other Sargent House preorders.)

Mississippi Records is a great little shop here in Portland, and label (used to be here, now located in Chicago). They recently sent this out regarding Bandcamp Friday. I would encourage folks check their page out. They have an amazing catalog of soul, blues, gospel, and pretty much every genre under the sun (including Dead Moon). In any case, nearly something for everyone, and a portion of any sales are going to a good cause. Link below, along with a few recommendations to get you started.

Was just going to post this as well. Highly recommended!🍻

Boosting my buddies work for tomorrow:

he's got some great downtempo/goth-y electronic stuff he's been doing. New album just dropped as well.

fun post.punk-y/new.wave-y band

Excellent house record.

Super late to the party but I'm a huge fan of Chris Schlarb's work and the preview track on this pre-order was enough to make me pull the trigger:

Ordered these two today. I can’t recommend both of these records enough. If you love female singer songwriters these are all you.

Thanks for recommending Margo Cilker. Really enjoying it, and it turns out she is from NE Oregon.

On a related note, here is this morning's cover story on OPB, our local NPR affiliate:

Thanks for recommending Margo Cilker. Really enjoying it, and it turns out she is from NE Oregon.

On a related note, here is this morning's cover story on OPB, our local NPR affiliate:
Yeah my friend told me about her and I love all the singles before the album came out so I finally but the bullet. Wanted to get the limited edition so waited a little bit.

Angel Deradoorian has repressed her album The Expanding Flower Planet. This was another one of my ROTM contenders when it was my month earlier this year, except it wasn't in print back then.

Back