Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I've purchased a couple pieces from Echo and had good experiences. It's nice to know it's, like, a real shop.
I've dealt with the owner both times so far, and super helpful, nice and knowledgeable. The loaner policy is so great to test out. Still new to going a little more upgrade, and figuring out how all these places work is fun. He was telling me most of his customers are repeat customers multiple times a year. Not sure I'll get to that place!

Honestly the first time I've been out there was yesterday, and the shop is only open for pick up. Looking forward to being able to go in and check things out.
That amp comes with EL34 output tubes. You can also use 6550, KT77, KT88 and 6CA7s, so you can change the sound of the amp to suit your system/tastes.

I was just pointing out that the Black Ice is a great idea because you aren’t stuck with one particular sound.

I never point out the rabbit hole. 😎
I know, I appreciate that. I really like the thought of it. Can't imagine not liking it going from what I have. This one I'm trying out is just another Marantz, sounds similar to the one I have. I'd like to get it a little warmer sound.

I know, I appreciate that. I really like the thought of it. Can't imagine not liking it going from what I have. This one I'm trying out is just another Marantz, sounds similar to the one I have. I'd like to get it a little warmer sound.
You will. Hopefully it’s broken in, but no way to know. It should sound way better than the Marantz.

Picked it up yet? We need pics.

Yep, but gonna have to wait until the morning to get it set up. Glad I called, he had another person wanting to buy it.

View attachment 91719

Im guessing that once you get the tubes fired up and listen to some music that practicalities will go out the window because it sounds so damn good. And then after a couple of years KT88 tubes, lol!

Sure you can always pick up a DAC & a streamer for that down the line...

Last edited:
Back