Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Im guessing that once you get the tubes fired up and listen to some music that practicalities will go out the window because it sounds so damn good. And then after a couple of years KT88 tubes, lol!

Sure you can always pick up a DAC &
a streamer for that down the line...
Plus @Matt M can keep that amp for years and years and change dacs if he wants as technology changes.

Im guessing that once you get the tubes fired up and listen to some music that practicalities will go out the window because it sounds so damn good. And then after a couple of years KT88 tubes, lol!

Sure you can always pick up a DAC & a streamer for that down the line...
I'll get it up and going. Gonna try and get out of the house today, but this might keep me in!

He also loaned me a Sonos, so I'll give that a shot with it too. I've used them before, nice ease of use device.

I'll get it up and going. Gonna try and get out of the house today, but this might keep me in!

He also loaned me a Sonos, so I'll give that a shot with it too. I've used them before, nice ease of use device.
Sonos is great especially with airplay. The ikea sonos speakers are a good fairly cheap alternative to add more speakers and multi-zone too.

That's where I'm heading. I don't watch much TV anyway.

Sonos is actually the way I go with my tv. I have one of those bases under the tele and a couple of 1s as the surrounds. It’s expensive for what it is but it is just so easy for the odd film and the sports I watch in surround. My tele has 5.1 pass through on the optical and I control the volume on it with the usual remote for the tele. It can be cheaper than what I paid too as the smaller beam and the IKEA sonos lamps which can be used as surrounds have come out in the meantime.

As a streamer for the stereo they’re a lot more expensive than what they should be but the app is very user friendly and if you’re a Spotify streamer the lack of proper hi res support isn’t going to be an issue so much for you either.

I’ll be really interested to see what you make of that Black Ice amp, they’ve been getting really press and they do sound like a really interesting prospect.

Sonos is actually the way I go with my tv. I have one of those bases under the tele and a couple of 1s as the surrounds. It’s expensive for what it is but it is just so easy for the odd film and the sports I watch in surround. My tele has 5.1 pass through on the optical and I control the volume on it with the usual remote for the tele. It can be cheaper than what I paid too as the smaller beam and the IKEA sonos lamps which can be used as surrounds have come out in the meantime.

As a streamer for the stereo they’re a lot more expensive than what they should be but the app is very user friendly and if you’re a Spotify streamer the lack of proper hi res support isn’t going to be an issue so much for you either.

I’ll be really interested to see what you make of that Black Ice amp, they’ve been getting really press and they do sound like a really interesting prospect.
I had a much earlier version of that amp for years. It sounded great, and is designed well, If an output tube goes, it’ll blow the line fuse. Replace the tube and the fuse and you are good again. No tech needed.

You also don’t have to buy matched quads or replace all 4 output tubes at once. Each tube had its own bias adjustment.

Back