Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I think the usual is to use an 8Ω amplifier. Some people put a 25Ω resister across the terminals to impedance match, but others like the sound better without.
Either way, these speakers are so efficient that only a few watts will blow your ears off.
Yep, I used an 8 ohm SS amp and 8 ohm tube amp taps to great effect. I tried the Zu resistors for shiggles and things sounded lean.

Some scuffed up but perfectly intact DWs from Music Direct:

Wow do I wish I had somewhere to put these in our 1BR apartment. I too would be out on my ass!

Not sure this is of any interest to anyone, but it's worked for me the last few times I've grabbed ZU cables off ebay. I wanted to grab a set of speaker cables this time around, I usually track the end price for a little while, decide on MY price based on the "trend" and then make sure to post my max bid as soon as the "relisted" item pops up...........let everyone chase you ;)

So here are the bids for the ZU Mission cables over the last hand full of listings, I got the 8ft pair for $78.
Zu Audio MISSION Loudspeaker Cable 8ft
75 / 162 / 76 / 118 / 101 / 83 / 78

Zu Audio MISSION Loudspeaker Cable 10ft
88 / 96 / 98 / 101 / 105 / 98.50 / 89

Good Luck :)

Not sure this is of any interest to anyone, but it's worked for me the last few times I've grabbed ZU cables off ebay. I wanted to grab a set of speaker cables this time around, I usually track the end price for a little while, decide on MY price based on the "trend" and then make sure to post my max bid as soon as the "relisted" item pops up...........let everyone chase you ;)

So here are the bids for the ZU Mission cables over the last hand full of listings, I got the 8ft pair for $78.

I need to get some longer Zu cables. I have the 6 foot but they barely reach now and I want to rearrange my setup...I gave up for awhile because the prices have been all over the place.

I need to get some longer Zu cables. I have the 6 foot but they barely reach now and I want to rearrange my setup...I gave up for awhile because the prices have been all over the place.
That's exactly why I started tracking the prices for a while to see kind of where the norm is and to not get caught up in the "You've been outbid, increase your bid" insanity, lol

So they’re good cables then?

Tracking end prices on these recurring items is good advice, although I have a different take on when to place a bid.

My opinion is that bidding early tends to increase the final price. A lot of ebay users don't understand automatic bidding, and will place a bid, then another, then another and another until they either give up or take a slight lead. Once someone places a bid, even if it falls short, they feel "invested" and want to "win." And, over the course of the auction, the more bids that are placed, the higher the price goes.

In contrast, waiting until the latest possible time to bid, preferably in the last ten seconds of an auction, reduces the number of bids and keeps the price down. This also limits the amount of time other bidders have to try to top your max bid

Of course, to do this one has to be available at the end of the auction, which I understand isn't always possible. But if you can wait, I suggest waiting.

Last edited:
This is the temptation I try and avoid, lol. I would prefer setting my own price and walking away...........if I win, I win, if not, we try again ;)
Of course, my suggestion is to place that one max bid at the latest possible time. For lower priced items like these recurring Zu cable listings, your advice is sound, because eventually you will win, and it's probably not worth the effort to try to save ten or fifteen bucks by sniping. But for high dollar items, like this, I would try sniping, because you might wind up with a bargain.

I have the LIBTECs on my main system and they've been great. I know others have grabbed the MISSION line and have had positive feedback on them as well, so we went that route for system 2...........a little less expensive than the LIBs
Why does Zu auction them for so much less on eBay? Is it b stock or something?

I have a 2.5m (8ft) set of Libtecs. Never meshed well with me and I moved on to a WW option.

They've seen very limited hours, less than 100 for sure, so not even close to being broken in. The small catch is they are spades. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can probably figure something out.

I have a 2.5m (8ft) set of Libtecs. Never meshed well with me and I moved on to a WW option.

They've seen very limited hours, less than 100 for sure, so not even close to being broken in. The small catch is they are spades. If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can probably figure something out.
ah thanks but i'm on the banana plugs train.

This is not my listing but this looks like it’s going to sell low for someone in the market for a amp and CD player. The NAD C 326BEE is a great amp. I’m not really familiar with the NAD C 515BEE CD player but at this price it would be worth a try.

Back