Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Fighting my inner demons aside, a beautiful line from Marantz and the DAC is amazing and this line is built like a mini-tank...............someone please grab this, please, really, you gotta help me here. I've been trying to rationalize grabbing it as a "back up" ;)
Normally advise sleeping on it, but on a “cyber Monday,” as they say.....

Fighting my inner demons aside, a beautiful line from Marantz and the DAC is amazing and this line is built like a mini-tank...............someone please grab this, please, really, you gotta help me here. I've been trying to rationalize grabbing it as a "back up" ;)

I mean you already have more amps, phono stages, turntables and speakers in your listening room that you can listen to at any one given time. Do you really need more?

I mean you already have more amps, phono stages, turntables and speakers in your listening room that you can listen to at any one given time. Do you really need more?
...........you don't know how I listen to my gear, lol

Its my one fault, I like testing and trying out gear. Even if I'm always in a basic pursuit of the "End Game" system, which the UD/PL system is, I still enjoy the "hearing for myself" aspect of the hobby when I can afford it. That being said, I don't accumulate gear, if one thing comes in, something else is headed out in one way or another ;)

I mean my point was that lots of records isn’t the same as lots of systems and makes more sense, but good for you 😜
Oh, I understand, but I think the point being for either, gear or records, something is going to sit unused/unheard for a period of time regardless. Only so many days in a year and hours in a day.

..........you know there are those who have more unsealed albums than opened and played albums out there, lol

Oh, I understand, but I think the point being for either, gear or records, something is going to sit unused/unheard for a period of time regardless. Only so many days in a year and hours in a day.

..........you know there are those who have more unsealed albums than opened and played albums out there, lol

True but records are much cheaper and having a variety of them is much preferable. As much as hi-fi gear is important I think that at the end of the day we are all music fans. I couldn’t see myself having multiple systems without multiple rooms that I listened to music in.

Those purple be cray, everything I own has had at least 3 spins (I won’t file an album before that) and most much more!

True but records are much cheaper and having a variety of them is much preferable. As much as hi-fi gear is important I think that at the end of the day we are all music fans. I couldn’t see myself having multiple systems without multiple rooms that I listened to music in.

Those purple be cray, everything I own has had at least 3 spins (I won’t file an album before that) and most much more!
Agreed, and while I am a music fan first and foremost, I am on the side of hearing it at it's best when it comes to vinyl...........to an extent of course. So that, unfortunately, becomes a mix of "chicken or the egg", great pressing on a Crosley, or crap pressing on a 10k rig, lol.

We all enjoy this hobby in our own ways, I have no guilt to the gear I own or have owned or how much I've owned because I know 2 things, 1. I open and listen to every single album I own, much like you, a bear minimum of 4 spins. 2. I truly use all my gear, something is playing all the time and across both systems and my DAC when it's not vinyl.

I'm by no means preaching my "way" is the right way, actually I usually advise against it, but its a journey we all move along in our own way. :)

Agreed, and while I am a music fan first and foremost, I am on the side of hearing it at it's best when it comes to vinyl...........to an extent of course. So that, unfortunately, becomes a mix of "chicken or the egg", great pressing on a Crosley, or crap pressing on a 10k rig, lol.

We all enjoy this hobby in our own ways, I have no guilt to the gear I own or have owned or how much I've owned because I know 2 things, 1. I open and listen to every single album I own, much like you, a bear minimum of 4 spins. 2. I truly use all my gear, something is playing all the time and across both systems and my DAC when it's not vinyl.

I'm by no means preaching my "way" is the right way, actually I usually advise against it, but its a journey we all move along in our own way. :)

True but I suppose we all have to find our happy balance between cost of that gear versus our collection and there is a lot of affordable gear that won't damage your records and that sounds good. Is it as good as the nicer stuff, no, is it good enough to not get too heat up if you can't afford the nicer stuff, yes. Whilst I like the improvements I've made to my gear and would recommend them to anyone who could afford my collection is far more important to me.

Also, that the last time I make a jokey quip about something, its degenerated into a mad debate where I don't think anyone either fully agrees or fully disagrees with anyone else!

The answer of course is a crap pressing on a $10k rig. 😎

Normally advise sleeping on it, but on a “cyber Monday,” as they say.....
While I don’t see it listed right now, I believe MD has a factory refurb of this unit regularly available at this price so your advice to sleep on it isn’t bad, especially if you wait for one of MD’s 10OFF coupons for demos/refurbs.

Back