Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

I believe this is a slight price drop as well. Saw it closer to $3K last week if I'm not mistaken. Good thing I can't afford it at the moment! šŸ˜‚ Really good deal. Would almost make up for a Prime Scout w/ 3D arm slipping out of my hands at $1650 when a former interested party contacted the seller that he was ready to buy mere hours before I committed. That one still stings.
Really need to start a thread about the ones that got away. I'm still recovering from my missed shot at a Luxman PD-171 in January. šŸ˜ž

anybody have a coupon code or referral they wanna throw my way for massdrop? think i'm gonna pick up those meze noirs... @AnthonyI think you are the one that pointed me toward those so let me know if you want any referral cred!

Really need to start a thread about the ones that got away. I'm still recovering from my missed shot at a Luxman PD-171 in January. šŸ˜ž
Oof, thatā€™s a tough one. I think whatā€™s keeping me alive in the VPI upgrade game is, how far do you wanna take it? Which often leads me to, thereā€™s nothing wrong with this table spinninā€™ right here!

Oof, thatā€™s a tough one. I think whatā€™s keeping me alive in the VPI upgrade game is, how far do you wanna take it? Which often leads me to, thereā€™s nothing wrong with this table spinninā€™ right here!
I feel that. I doubled down with a second VPI and have been really wondering if I need anything else. To be sure, some of the driver is about aesthetics versus performance but I'm also not sure of how much of a performance leap I can expect.

I feel that. I doubled down with a second VPI and have been really wondering if I need anything else. To be sure, some of the driver is about aesthetics versus performance but I'm also not sure of how much of a performance leap I can expect.
Absolutely, and I think with all of that in mind, Iā€™m of @Mather ā€™s thinking that a Classic Sig would need to be the upward move. Iā€™ve all but convinced myself Iā€™m not gonna bother fussing with moving a motor pod to get speed accuracy, and they advertise the Classicā€™s as ā€œon par with master tape,ā€ so that Iā€™d be curious to get some ears on!

Absolutely, and I think with all of that in mind, Iā€™m of @Mather ā€™s thinking that a Classic Sig would need to be the upward move. Iā€™ve all but convinced myself Iā€™m not gonna bother fussing with moving a motor pod to get speed accuracy, and they advertise the Classicā€™s as ā€œon par with master tape,ā€ so that Iā€™d be curious to get some ears on!

Hang on a sec? Mather is considering buying a turntable that involves a separate motor that you have to move around to get the speed just so?

A632482F-2529-4264-81AE-A3E8F6CBA1F7.gif

Outside of the recent swap out that should be arriving today, I've been truly enjoying NOT looking at/for gear outside of idle curiosity. It's been wonderful the last 8 months just listening to the system ;)

Back