Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

FWIW, I have read a couple of takes on the Debut Pro vs the 2X, (what the 2Xperience is now) and both seemed to state that they overall preferred the Debut Pro by a smidgen, believe it or not. Both cited a certain "excitement" to the music that they wanted to return to with the Debut Pro. I have no hands on experience, just what I have read. I did have a 2Xperience for a while that I thought was a really excellent sounding table. Sadly had to send it back due to a tonearm wiring issue and moved on from there, but I really enjoyed my time with it.

So I’m saving for the X8 then 😂

The point I'm at, my friend! Next TT upgrade needs to be something really earth shaking. I think I finally am understanding these massive upgrades needed for relative incremental changes. What do we do to ourselves!? 😂

Yeah I’m not in a rush for anything new right now but if I do upgrade anything I’d like it to be endgame which is where I’m at with a good chunk of the system. It’s only really Table and DAC/Preamp that I could see myself changing, barring failures of course!

Saw this listed on reddit. Definitely a reputable seller, though can't speak to the quality of the item. Thought I'd share it nonetheless--a $30 record cleaning kit that looks a lot like a Spin-Clean clone.:

Oh yeah it definitely is, Joe!! Hahaha. Hey @AnthonyI the eye sees what it wants to see, y'know??
Nah, @Joe Mac hit it, it's the stock OM 10. Like I mentioned, this is going in my cleaning room, just to have something to put warped records on to figure out how, where the warp is. Rather than going out to my G and remembering what side I want to put up, down or towards the pouch hot spot.

...............that said, It'll probably get hooked up to the system during the holiday break, just to give it a listen ;)

Finally have my SAE 1000LT set up to get some regular use. I pulled out a Pro-Ject Debut III that's been closeted for at least a decade, mounted the cart, and put the table into my home office system. It's running through the phono pre of a Kenwood SA-9100, playing through a pair of Jamo 307a bookshelf speakers. Not a bad setup.

sae.jpg

Stock photo of the Jamos:

jamo.jpg

The only thing I'm not a fan of is that the warranty is only for the Furman unit if it fails, not for any connected equipment that might be damaged due to failure. The Panamax covers the equipment damage as well.

My MR4300 has "tripped" twice due to power surges and what not, a quick reset and I'm back in business, no damage or issue to anything. I've had it since 2018.

Currently 50% off on Amazon
Amazon product ASIN B00ILH7KJI

Last edited:
Why do US plug sockets look like a person who has seen a ghost…

View attachment 162404
Interesting to note, the safer way* to install these is with the ground plug on top.

Why?

If something metal falls between the plug and the outlet, across the two powered blades, it can cause a spark or fire.

*Just one opinion, of course.

Back