Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Not until Tuesday so still playing the waiting game as it makes the cross country trek from Maryland. Oh the anticipation!

Cool. Just a heads up- it’ll be awkward to get out of the box as the majority of the weight is towards the rear of the amp because of the transformers.

Unsure if these are good at all....but pretty substantial savings on these floor-standing speakers (and free shipping):

The Musical Fidelity LX-LPS phono stage is well regarded, but increasingly hard to find. Audio Advisor has an LX2-LPS demo on sale for $170.
It's a great little pre-amp, no complaints what so ever. If your not completely in love with picking up a demo, Music Direct still has the Cryo edition of the LX-LPS at 50% off ($500 down to $250)........so $80 more, but either way you go, I'm pretty confident you'll be happy with it ;)

Last edited:
How does it compare to the Vincet PHO-8? I'm in the market to get a new pre-amp to replace my Pluto (trying to slowly upgrade everything) so I've been keeping an eye out on things.

It's a great little pre-amp, no complaints what so ever. If your not completely in love with picking up a demo, Music Direct still has the Cryo edition of the LX-LPS at 50% off ($500 down to $250)........so $80 more, but either way you go, I'm pretty confident you'll be happy with it ;)

How does it compare to the Vincet PHO-8? I'm in the market to get a new pre-amp to replace my Pluto (trying to slowly upgrade everything) so I've been keeping an eye out on things.
How do they compare? The LX-LPS has received the Music Direct CryoAcoustic Treatment©, and the PHO-8 hasn't, so I think that about sums it up.
I'll just let Music Direct explain it:

"We have invested in our own cryogenic machine, allowing us to do our own in-house testing with temperatures and ramp up/ramp down cycles to maximize the effects on the materials. Countless hours of listening tests have confirmed the advantages of CryoAcoustic Treatment.
The cryogenic process involves cooling materials to very low temperatures through the use of liquid nitrogen. Temperatures reach as low as -190 °C, and the process registers a profound impact on the mechanical properties of materials – particularly metals. Used in aerospace technology, medical tooling, musical instrument construction, critical automotive components, high-pressure cutting tools, and performance-critical sporting goods, cryogenics considerably improve the sonic presentation of vacuum tubes, cables, transformers, and other audio-related products – as well as their internal components. Resistance to corrosion, firmer hardening, and added strength are just a few of the scientifically proven effects of cryogenics. And while the sonic benefits cannot currently be scientifically proven, listening tests confirm an increase in acoustic resolution – which is why we call our process CryoAcoustic Treatment."

;)

Fiiiine I'll buy it.

How do they compare? The LX-LPS has received the Music Direct CryoAcoustic Treatment©, and the PHO-8 hasn't, so I think that about sums it up.

"We have invested in our own cryogenic machine, allowing us to do our own in-house testing with temperatures and ramp up/ramp down cycles to maximize the effects on the materials. Countless hours of listening tests have confirmed the advantages of CryoAcoustic Treatment.
The cryogenic process involves cooling materials to very low temperatures through the use of liquid nitrogen. Temperatures reach as low as -190 °C, and the process registers a profound impact on the mechanical properties of materials – particularly metals. Used in aerospace technology, medical tooling, musical instrument construction, critical automotive components, high-pressure cutting tools, and performance-critical sporting goods, cryogenics considerably improve the sonic presentation of vacuum tubes, cables, transformers, and other audio-related products – as well as their internal components. Resistance to corrosion, firmer hardening, and added strength are just a few of the scientifically proven effects of cryogenics. And while the sonic benefits cannot currently be scientifically proven, listening tests confirm an increase in acoustic resolution – which is why we call our process CryoAcoustic Treatment."

;)

;)

I mean even without the cryo treatment it’s $50 less than the pho-8’s list price and it’s own is $200 more than the pho-8. Plus it’s based on it’s $1000 big brother the MX-VYNL that I have and am huge fan of.

It's quite the jump from the Pho-8 in my opinion, I've owned it and it was on my system for a good long time, the Vincent is rock solid, but I'm going to go with @Joe Mac's take on it. It's a better pre and you can't knock the price point, the Cryo, look at it as a "cherry on top", but the nuts and bolts of the MF and the stuff that really matters, what you hear, are pretty impressive.

............does someone around here still have my pre-amp chart from back in the day, lol
Pluto > Pho-8 > iPhono2 > KC Vibe > Insight > MoFi Studio Phono > Musical Fidelity LX-LPS .............I've tried a few :)

It's quite the jump from the Pho-8 in my opinion, I've owned it and it was on my system for a good long time, the Vincent is rock solid, but I'm going to go with @Joe Mac's take on it. It's a better pre and you can't knock the price point, the Cryo, look at it as a "cherry on top", but the nuts and bolts of the MF and the stuff that really matters, what you hear, are pretty impressive.

............does someone around here still have my pre-amp chart from back in the day, lol
Pluto > Pho-8 > iPhono2 > KC Vibe > Insight > MoFi Studio Phono > Musical Fidelity LX-LPS .............I've tried a few :)
Hee! I’ve gone Pluto>Pho8 and now thinking about my next one. I’m debating getting one with a headphone amp and DAC built in. I think Parasound make one.

Man that is tempting. I like it skips blue down lights in front the 4300 has. Looks like only other difference is USB, extra outlet, high current options, and higher joules. For price differences that looks hard to pass on.

Wonder how much the extra line filtering on the 5300 helps? Could color things too though I guess.
Edit: Am I the only weirdo who thinks about updating power cord on device all about power?LOL

Last edited:
Back