Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Yep, my DAC is sorely lacking. For the price, I had to give the Marantz a try.

The rest of my digital stuff is good. Dedicated Mac Mini loaded with RAM, Audirvana software, external FireWire hard drive loaded with lossless rips, although my iTunes library needs some housekeeping.

Mine is set up to work without a monitor, using my iPhone or iPad as a remote. Very convenient.
Damn...I am VERY tempted by this as well...been looking for a DAC to pair with my Aries Mini...

Nice, this should be a fun little upgrade for you. I'm sure it will treat you well, and the price certainly seems right. You'll have to hope into the dark side thread once you've got it running. You know we'll all be looking forward to it, haha.

The Marantz wasn't the initial idea. Denafrips may be sending me a DAC to check out in late February.

The Marantz wasn't the initial idea. Denafrips may be sending me a DAC to check out in late February.
Now that would be exciting! I've been trying to get my ears on those for awhile. Any idea which model? The Pontus is the same price point as the Musical Paradise I mentioned in the tube thread (when the MP is upgraded). When I do my digital end I think that's the price bracket I'll be looking at.
But speakers first! That's my biggest weak link. Speakers, then digital, then cables (again). Then I'm sure new things will be out on the vinyl end to catch my wondering eyes, lol.

Now that would be exciting! I've been trying to get my ears on those for awhile. Any idea which model? The Pontus is the same price point as the Musical Paradise I mentioned in the tube thread (when the MP is upgraded). When I do my digital end I think that's the price bracket I'll be looking at.
But speakers first! That's my biggest weak link. Speakers, then digital, then cables (again). Then I'm sure new things will be out on the vinyl end to catch my wondering eyes, lol.

Yes, I'm after a Pontus. I've communicated with Alvin Chee at Vinshine Audio and he says right now they are slammed and have no units to spare. He said we'd connect at the end of February.

Should I decide to upgrade, I'll lose very little on the Marantz.

Yes, I'm after a Pontus. I've communicated with Alvin Chee at Vinshine Audio and he says right now they are slammed and have no units to spare. He said we'd connect at the end of February.

Should I decide to upgrade, I'll lose very little on the Marantz.
Keep me posted? I might be interested in buying the marantz off ya if you end up selling it...

AnthonyI when something pops up in the hardware forum, lol

giphy.gif

Back