Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

The extremely well reviewed Sony PSHX500 is 40% on Amazon, only $298 down from a regular price of $498. Would be an excellent candidate for a second/backup turntable, especially with its built in digital out

615pZMtePHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

The extremely well reviewed Sony PSHX500 is 40% on Amazon, only $298 down from a regular price of $498. Would be an excellent candidate for a second/backup turntable, especially with its built in digital out

615pZMtePHL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This is where I think this table should have been priced from day 1. Much better option at this price point.

Busy weekend, but I did pick up the PLX 1000 and just unpacked it. Unfortunately there was one minor problem, and I can't really complain or bitch about it in my opinion because of what I paid for the TT. There's a crack on the dust cover :(

I did give the guy a call, he did ask me to let him know if everything was ok once I opened it, he apologized, which there really wasn't a need to. He said it had been in storage for a while, moved around, stacked here and there and probably had something a little too heave tossed on top. I told him it was no big deal and thanked him again.

But first "out of the box" impression............this thing is a tank, I had no idea, lol.
View attachment 19792
A couple steps closer to it's inaugural spin, AND, the guy I bought the table from called me this morning and told me he came across another PLX 1000 that was not working, but had an intact cover and he's sending it my way to replace the cracked one :)
20191028_164214.jpg

The Pioneer PLX-1000 turntable, a favorite around these parts, is on sale at Turntable Lab for $599. That's $100 off!

Last edited:
Upscale Audio has a used Sutherland Insight phono preamp in excellent condition for $999

Nice, was that the digital upgrade you were looking for? Any other digital stuff getting an upgrade?

Yep, my DAC is sorely lacking. For the price, I had to give the Marantz a try.

The rest of my digital stuff is good. Dedicated Mac Mini loaded with RAM, Audirvana software, external FireWire hard drive loaded with lossless rips, although my iTunes library needs some housekeeping.

Mine is set up to work without a monitor, using my iPhone or iPad as a remote. Very convenient.

Yep, my DAC is sorely lacking. For the price, I had to give the Marantz a try.

The rest of my digital stuff is good. Dedicated Mac Mini loaded with RAM, Audirvana software, external FireWire hard drive loaded with lossless rips, although my iTunes library needs some housekeeping.

Mine is set up to work without a monitor, using my iPhone or iPad as a remote. Very convenient.
Nice, this should be a fun little upgrade for you. I'm sure it will treat you well, and the price certainly seems right. You'll have to hope into the dark side thread once you've got it running. You know we'll all be looking forward to it, haha.

Back