Audio Hardware Deals: Speakers, Headphones, Turntables, Etc.

Argh. I really want eucalyptus! Decisions...
I would wait for the finish you prefer. The aesthetics are a big part of the Classic's appeal, so you should get what you want, and have no regrets. Plus, it seems likely that the SB in eucalyptus and walnut will eventually be replaced by the EVO and discontinued, just like the rosenut, so sales should be coming.

Last edited:
I would wait for the finish you prefer. When you're spending that much, you should get what you want, so no regrets. And also, it seems likely that the eucalyptus and walnut will eventually be replaced by the EVO, like the rosenut.

That one you linked to isn’t the evo either though. It’s the sb superpack. The evo is new and fancier again, new subplatter, new tone arm and heavier mass. I’ve not seen it in a shop yet though, the distributor is quoting it at £1250 when it does make it out which sounds about right based on the prices of the other classics.

Dammit I meant to say could one say...

I like it, although 2 systems and no listening room 😉
Funny you say that because I told my wife the same thing........she was with me when the "deal" went down. So here's the story, wife and I were out last night for a little mid week date night food, stopped at a resale shop, then noticed the small electronics shop next door had a "Retirement Sale" sign in the window, along with some vintage equipment. So we pop in to poke around. Nothing caught my attention except that he did have a used PLX 1000, it looked to be in good condition, but you could tell it was used...........from behind the counter i hear "Everything has to go, don't be afraid to make any offers". I hemmed and hawed a bit, then decided I would rather kick in the extra for a new one when the time comes. At this point the owner walks over, tells us again not to be afraid to make an offer, so I tell him I'm looking for the Pioneer TT, but I think I want a new one. To which he says, "you know, I think I have one still in the box, my son bought two, that's the one he's been using, but I'm pretty sure I have another one"

So now comes the "well, great, how much you asking for the new one?" He tells me he needs to check the storage room because he hadn't gotten all the boxed items over yet, but would look and get back to me. So I tell him, I appreciate that, but how much? So I'm not wasting your time and mine. So he tells me "Tell you what, I only have a few days to get rid of as much stuff as I can, so if I have the boxed one you can have it for what I have the used one priced at"

So, a deal was struck because he messaged me earlier and he does have a new one and the asking price on the used one was $380....now if I could only transfer that kind of luck to picking winning lotto numbers we would be on to something. But I'll take my luck in these small increments and be happy. Looking to pick it up over the weekend :)

Funny you say that because I told my wife the same thing........she was with me when the "deal" went down. So here's the story, wife and I were out last night for a little mid week date night food, stopped at a resale shop, then noticed the small electronics shop next door had a "Retirement Sale" sign in the window, along with some vintage equipment. So we pop in to poke around. Nothing caught my attention except that he did have a used PLX 1000, it looked to be in good condition, but you could tell it was used...........from behind the counter i hear "Everything has to go, don't be afraid to make any offers". I hemmed and hawed a bit, then decided I would rather kick in the extra for a new one when the time comes. At this point the owner walks over, tells us again not to be afraid to make an offer, so I tell him I'm looking for the Pioneer TT, but I think I want a new one. To which he says, "you know, I think I have one still in the box, my son bought two, that's the one he's been using, but I'm pretty sure I have another one"

So now comes the "well, great, how much you asking for the new one?" He tells me he needs to check the storage room because he hadn't gotten all the boxed items over yet, but would look and get back to me. So I tell him, I appreciate that, but how much? So I'm not wasting your time and mine. So he tells me "Tell you what, I only have a few days to get rid of as much stuff as I can, so if I have the boxed one you can have it for what I have the used one priced at"

So, a deal was struck because he messaged me earlier and he does have a new one and the asking price on the used one was $380....now if I could only transfer that kind of luck to picking winning lotto numbers we would be on to something. But I'll take my luck in these small increments and be happy. Looking to pick it up over the weekend :)

Wow! Congratulations! That’s an amazing deal! Delighted for you!

Hmmm, the AT cartridges are no longer on sale. I had an item in my cart, but when I tried to checkout the price was back to regular. I sent them an email asking what happened.
Elusive disc replied with an explanation. The AT cartridge 20% off sale is actually for dealers ordering from AT, not the general public. So apparently elusive disc prepared and sent out the sale email to their customer list by mistake. Weird.

But, Jason at elusive disc offered to honor the sale price, so an AT-VM95ML cartridge is on its way to me.

holy balls.....nice work buddy

Elusive disc replied with an explanation. The AT cartridge 20% off sale is actually for dealers ordering from AT, not the general public. So apparently elusive disc prepared and sent out the sale email to their customer list by mistake. Weird.

But, Jason at elusive disc offered to honor the sale price, so an AT-VM95ML cartridge is on its way to me.
Good work on their end!

Busy weekend, but I did pick up the PLX 1000 and just unpacked it. Unfortunately there was one minor problem, and I can't really complain or bitch about it in my opinion because of what I paid for the TT. There's a crack on the dust cover :(

I did give the guy a call, he did ask me to let him know if everything was ok once I opened it, he apologized, which there really wasn't a need to. He said it had been in storage for a while, moved around, stacked here and there and probably had something a little too heave tossed on top. I told him it was no big deal and thanked him again.

But first "out of the box" impression............this thing is a tank, I had no idea, lol.
20191014_182126.jpg

Busy weekend, but I did pick up the PLX 1000 and just unpacked it. Unfortunately there was one minor problem, and I can't really complain or bitch about it in my opinion because of what I paid for the TT. There's a crack on the dust cover :(

I did give the guy a call, he did ask me to let him know if everything was ok once I opened it, he apologized, which there really wasn't a need to. He said it had been in storage for a while, moved around, stacked here and there and probably had something a little too heave tossed on top. I told him it was no big deal and thanked him again.

But first "out of the box" impression............this thing is a tank, I had no idea, lol.
View attachment 19792
Yea--these are pretty awesome TTs. Sucks about the dust cover but probably could buy a replacement at some point if you really wanted!

Yea--these are pretty awesome TTs. Sucks about the dust cover but probably could buy a replacement at some point if you really wanted!
I know me and I probably will, it'll make me nuts if I don't, I'm going to fight the urge for a while though. lol

View attachment 19792
It’s definitely a tank. No worries about the unruly festival goers yanking it off the cabinet. Mine is wearing the Hudson HiFi acrylic mat and a Grado Gold. Love it.

Back