Anime And/Or Manga!

I just dislike some of the over the top kid stuff in alot of this anime.. any decent mature stuff I am missing out on?
what kind of stuff are you looking for... there are a lot of good dramas, thrillers, or less shonen action shows

I'm reading Berserk! From the start. Shit is GRIM.

Apparently I ordered the deluxe edition from Dark Horse a while back (one click buy and alcohol don't mix well). Or at least someone at Amazon sent it to me last week. I have never read any manga before but I ordered it after I kept hearing how much of an influence Berserk had on many things I enjoy (looking at you Bloodborne).

Gotta say this is one impulse purchase I think I will enjoy a lot. I might be opening a Pandora's box.

I just started watching Mobile Gundam, never got into it the first time around so i am starting from the beginning! We shall see how far I make it

Apparently I ordered the deluxe edition from Dark Horse a while back (one click buy and alcohol don't mix well). Or at least someone at Amazon sent it to me last week. I have never read any manga before but I ordered it after I kept hearing how much of an influence Berserk had on many things I enjoy (looking at you Bloodborne).

Gotta say this is one impulse purchase I think I will enjoy a lot. I might be opening a Pandora's box.

I read a lot of it illegally years ago and whoo, if you are just starting and like it, you are in for a treat because it goes places.

Also yeah it also goes on forever and shows no sign of stopping, though new chapters have hit the absolute crawl stage. Prepare yourself to hit a wall HARD once you catch up (though you'll have time before that happens, luckily).

I read a lot of it illegally years ago and whoo, if you are just starting and like it, you are in for a treat because it goes places.

Also yeah it also goes on forever and shows no sign of stopping, though new chapters have hit the absolute crawl stage. Prepare yourself to hit a wall HARD once you catch up (though you'll have time before that happens, luckily).
Every year or two there's a lull. I mean, the man is getting up there. But he did just release new stuff in April. I need to catch up, really thinking about picking up those deluxe versions. They're gorgeous, and also large format...

Also, if anyone hasn't watched Ushio and Tora, it's a modern anime with classic anime sensibilities. Also only two seasons and done. Well worth your time.

Hunter x Hunter is one of my favorites, tbh. The pacing may be a bit slow for some, but it gets better and better after each arc. It starts off as a regular, run of the mill anime but it gets pretty dark towards the middle. Plus, the abilities that people have are pretty cool.

The story is not even close to being done, but the last arc for the anime is a pretty good one to stop on (for now). I hope the author finishes it before he dies lol.

I need to watch more anime

Heard great stuff about kaguyasama

Really need to get back to my backlog like k on, clannad, wandering son, etc

And I'm still trying to fill the Madoka sized hole in me
what kind of stuff are you looking for... there are a lot of good dramas, thrillers, or less shonen action shows
Ugh, I still have Clannad series that I want to watch but have yet to find the time. Also, I would LOVE some dramas. GIVE ME ALL THE SHOJO!

I've been watching Devilman Crybaby. I'm 7 Ep's in, and I'm still not sure if I like it or not, but at the same time I can't look away. I just keep wondering where they're going with this.

Friend let me borrow 4 Miyazaki films that I gotta get through.

Anyone watching JoJos? My favorite Anime and and Music references are amazing!

Reactions: oak
Rec's for good, lengthy manga series? I'm about to hit the release wall with Berserk and could use something with a lotta breadth.

(DOES NOT need to be Berserk in tone I'm just talking something with a lotta chapters that is binge-able)

aggretsuko season 2 is coming out in a week

if you haven't seen the first season and christmas special, watch it, its on netflix, its basically like if hello kitty was forced into office work

http://tigerlabvinyl.bigcartel.com/product/berserk-limited-edition-lp

TLV_Berserk_A_FrontCover_01.jpg

Back