All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I set an alarm for 8 AM est, woke up, placed the order as quickly as I could add both records to cart, and checked out with Shop Pay
yeah, it's my own fault. I carted both then checked the US site and purchased OG from there.. went back to the AU site and it was already sold out. since I ended up buying them separately I should have went for HJ first

yeah, it's my own fault. I carted both then checked the US site and purchased OG from there.. went back to the AU site and it was already sold out. since I ended up buying them separately I should have went for HJ first
That’s rough dude

I knew whatever variant Gizz themselves puts out will not be near as cool as the fake mock-ups my boy Nick_Collects_Vinyl on Insta makes. When Gizz released the album art he had mock-ups out within the hour and the “Magenta Mountain” variant was perfect. Would’ve been the variant I had gone for had they used his color ways

I’m finally listening to Timeland. This isn’t nearly as out there as I saw it described. At least not yet. I do get the “elevator music” description I read elsewhere as well, but I think that’s a little harsh.
It actually feels like a very distinct move away from Gizz’s signature sound. I bet this was actually a fun departure for them that opened some new creative pathways.

Also it’s a better recording and mastering than a lot of their stuff. Always a welcome change there :)

We’ll see what the B-side brings…

I’m finally listening to Timeland. This isn’t nearly as out there as I saw it described. At least not yet. I do get the “elevator music” description I read elsewhere as well, but I think that’s a little harsh.
It actually feels like a very distinct move away from Gizz’s signature sound. I bet this was actually a fun departure for them that opened some new creative pathways.

Also it’s a better recording and mastering than a lot of their stuff. Always a welcome change there :)

We’ll see what the B-side brings…
Holy shit, I did all of side A on 33. Wasn’t even weird honestly. Time to restart, lol

Finishing up side A at the correct speed now. Still not nearly as weird as I was expecting based on reviews. This feels to me like the brief was to write the musical score for a movie. Really enjoying it so far.

Back