All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I'd ask about the set list, but they'll probably release couple of new albums by the time I see them in October
It's in the Setlist.fm link. Stole a text version from reddit:

1. Mars For The Rich
  2. Self-Immolate
  3. Hell
  4. Magenta Mountain
  5. Automation >
  6. Minimum Brain Size
  7. Oddlife
  8. Billabong Valley
  9. All Is Known
  10. People-Vultures >
  11. Mr. Beat >
  12. Hot Water >
  13. Trapdoor
  14. The Dripping Tap

I'm pretty sure the wars of the future will be fought over Jason Galea's posters.
I just wish they made t-shirt designs that were more my cup of tea. I have a couple but I feel like with Galea they should have a ton of killer T's, but between some of the designs and color choices there are more that I dislike than like

I saw on Reddit that they had a lot of technical issues and apparently a pretty small crowd. Makes sense though. Coachella is mostly running DJs on side stages. Not used to hooking up 12-18 mics and instruments anymore. Plus the Coachella crowd isn’t really the Gizz crowd these days. I’m sure it was a bucket list item for the boys.

I saw on Reddit that they had a lot of technical issues and apparently a pretty small crowd. Makes sense though. Coachella is mostly running DJs on side stages. Not used to hooking up 12-18 mics and instruments anymore. Plus the Coachella crowd isn’t really the Gizz crowd these days. I’m sure it was a bucket list item for the boys.
How would one define the Coachella crowd? Just curious, because I have no clue.

they've done Coachella before though. I'm guessing it was just a nice pay day

How would one define the Coachella crowd? Just curious, because I have no clue.
I saw a joking reddit comment that I think defined it pretty well
“The people that are pissed Kanye and Travis Scott aren’t headlining anymore”
That made me laugh.

From an outsiders perspective I tend to think that over the past decade Coachella has evolved into an influencer focused event. It seems to have become more of a place to be seen than a place to experience.
Don’t get me wrong, I’d go if I had the chance. But it does seem to have evolved in a very different way in the digital age.

Set list.
I really liked how they changed the sound of Sleep Walker. The Garden Goblin was a lot of fun. I was getting Zappa vibes. It appears that the new album is going to have a little soul to it.

Back