All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

A message from Jack White:
"King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, I implore you to open your own pressing plant. Punk bands have to wait 8 to 10 months to receive their vinyl records while you press 18 variants of your 37th studio album. Do what's right here."

View attachment 132511
I didn't see this post from Gizz before this, I'm guessing the new album will be a random color like with BF3K but with way more colors?

also hopefully this means everything is pressed and they'll start shipping them out ASAP

I didn't see this post from Gizz before this, I'm guessing the new album will be a random color like with BF3K but with way more colors?

also hopefully this means everything is pressed and they'll start shipping them out ASAP
That's my hope as well. After waiting for KG for about 3 months or so, I was surprised when LW shipped out really quick. I'm hoping they drop this and release it to coincide with their North American tour.

With that said, someone in the band has caught COVID (it was on their instagram story), so those early April shows could be in danger what with travel issues and quarantine timeframes.

Also, they posted a few lryics, on social media, from what I'm guessing is Magenta Mountain so new song incoming?

So is this thing gonna be a double LP? Looks like two different coloured records in one sleeve in that picture.
It’s a double album, 16 songs, so I’m assuming mixed color/recycled 2xLP’s.

Looking at the time stamp picture it looks like at least a “black wax” variant. And it says 2LP

The rapping is apropos though, reminds of like Dubtribe Sound System
I think its just a bit exuberant for me. It has a bit of that 80's Emcee style that feels a bit like an overcompensation of confidence. Maybe if it had a bit of a cooler Mike Skinner spoken word tone it wouldn't jump out of the music so much for me.

I think its just a bit exuberant for me. It has a bit of that 80's Emcee style that feels a bit like an overcompensation of confidence. Maybe if it had a bit of a cooler Mike Skinner spoken word tone it wouldn't jump out of the music so much for me.
I knew this day would come. The day when people were discussing the merits of King Gizzard's rapping abilities. :)

It looks like the Tropical Fuck Storm split is going to be available to preorder on the aus gizzverse tomorrow at the same time as the new album.
I think they said copies will also be available on TFS' Sound Merch page

Back