All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

For anyone interested, I pulled this article from the subreddit. It comes with descriptions of all the songs on L.W.

it was cool that they had Leah Senior doing the live narration on Lord of Lightning
That’s what I was most excited for about the marathon shows if I’m being honest. Hopefully they still happen in some form but who knows. I can say it was pretty jarring seeing a sold out show happening right now but gotta love America.

Last edited:
That’s what I was most excited for about the marathon shows if I’m being honest. Hopefully they still happen in some form but who knows. I can say it was pretty jarring seeing a sold out, maskless show happening right now but gotta love America.
actually I was pleasantly surprised to see people in the crowd were wearing masks. whether they were required or not it was good to see people taking some precaution.

Last edited:
That’s what I was most excited for about the marathon shows if I’m being honest. Hopefully they still happen in some form but who knows. I can say it was pretty jarring seeing a sold out, maskless show happening right now but gotta love America.
So COVID rates are negligible in Australia right now, I take it?

actually I was pleasantly surprised to see people in the crowd were wearing masks. whether they were required or not it was good to see people taking some precaution.

i take back what i said. All the pictures I saw from the line prior to the show no one was rocking masks but the venue did have a mask policy which is nice still. Still crazy seeing bodies that close.

Yeah they are at like 4 new cases per day with 40 active cases. Really jealous.
Yeah, people here put "freedom" over future. So here we are.
But things there have been very strict. We're still not sure if my best man will make our redo wedding in November because they aren't really allowing non-citizens back in. If he leaves, he doesn't know when he could go back. Fingers crossed that will change by later this year, but that's the current status.

I appreciate that you're honoring the legacy of Clippy.
So here's a random series of events...
Using Clippy was suggest for me from the "Let us pick your avatar" thread back when the forum lived on the VMP site. I actually really liked it and use it across all forums now, and I have for a few years.

Fast forward to now, covid layoffs put me on the job hunt and I've landed at an agency... working on the Microsoft account. Must have been destiny, and it all started with the community right here!

It's strange that I know how long I've worked at my current job by memories of doing my typical morning routine, hopping in my car and starting my commute by blaring the new King Gizz (Poly during a rainy morning was my first here).

I can say this is the most positive response I've had to one of these microtonal albums on first listen and I like all of them. Ambrose on Supreme Ascendancy is a highlight but the album really takes off at Static Electricity. East West Link carries that energy forward and the way they are panning the instruments hits the spot.

Holy cow did Cavs step up on the skins this album. Ataraxia I love the dynamics, hi hat hits come in clear as day and then the crash/ride bell smacks... oh man. K.G.L.W. is a massive closer and I can't wait to properly hear some of this stuff live.

Hope everyone else enjoys it as well, have a great Thursday!

Last edited:
Back