All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

Actually, I just noticed from the track list that their last 3 singles are the first 3 tracks, in order. So we have 1/3 of the album already, and you can get a pretty solid preview of where this is going.

Top 5.
1. Polygondwanaland
2. I’m In Your Mind Fuzz
3. Infest The Rats Nest
4. Paper Mache Dream Balloon
5. Sketches of Brunswick East

It changes all the time though, except Poly. The only album I don’t listen to really is Willoughbys Beach.

Tempted to put off the new single until the album drops...
we’ll see how well my will power does today.

Anyone check it out yet?
Thoughts?
I gave it a listen today. To me the Gizzard albums are always greater than the sum of their parts. This sounded like a song that will fit right into the microtonal jammy thing they did on KG. It neither blew me away nor let me down. So, it’ll probably be one of those that becomes my favorite. Haha.

Tempted to put off the new single until the album drops...
we’ll see how well my will power does today.

Anyone check it out yet?
Thoughts?
Riff rocks and I enjoy the song over all but it's my least favorite of the three. Something about the vocals during the verse structure bugs me. Excited to hear what it leads into on the album though.

Riff rocks and I enjoy the song over all but it's my least favorite of the three. Something about the vocals during the verse structure bugs me. Excited to hear what it leads into on the album though.
it's a cool track for sure but the video is a live recording of the song. hopefully the recorded version will be a little smoother around the edges.

the video bugs me because Joey is the only one with dynamic camera shots while everyone else's shot is static.

it's a cool track for sure but the video is a live recording of the song. hopefully the recorded version will be a little smoother around the edges.

the video bugs me because Joey is the only one with dynamic camera shots while everyone else's shot is static.

its up on spotify

is there a pressing of Paper Mache Dream Balloon to avoid ?
The basic orange ATO copy sounds great and the newest Newbury variant does as well. Can't comment on the Flightless OG's or the recent eco-wax copy (Although my Head On/Pill single that was part of the eco-wax run sounds solid).

Edit: I think you are not states based right? One copy on the UK heavenly bandcamp

The basic orange ATO copy sounds great and the newest Newbury variant does as well. Can't comment on the Flightless OG's or the recent eco-wax copy (Although my Head On/Pill single that was part of the eco-wax run sounds solid).

Edit: I think you are not states based right? One copy on the UK heavenly bandcamp
thanks. i think i found the 2015 ATO at a good price and will jump on that.

My favorite copy of Paper Mache I own!

I would like to take this time to shit on Caroline for how long it took and how the final record came out looking for KG...............but, I can’t because it sounds fucking amazing and was worth the wait, so I’ll be ordering with them again if they end up doing the US pressings again.
Hopefully they just do a really cool solid color, or something lol

I would like to take this time to shit on Caroline for how long it took and how the final record came out looking for KG...............but, I can’t because it sounds fucking amazing and was worth the wait, so I’ll be ordering with them again if they end up doing the US pressings again.
I have the Flightless Flat White and think it sounds... fine. Certainly not bad at all. Does the Caroline pressing sound "special"?

Last edited:
I have the Flightless Flat White and think is sounds... fine. Certainly not bad at all. Does the Caroline pressing sound "special"?
I agree, both my copies of KG, Flat White and Squashed Brain sound like a digital file, which is fine, most modern albums are, but more can be done to highlight the master on vinyl. No complaints, just room for improvement.

I have the Flightless Flat White and think it sounds... fine. Certainly not bad at all. Does the Caroline pressing sound "special"?
Not “special” per se, but I feel like pressings are getting mashed out due to vinyl popularity and when I get one that sounds great I’m happy.

Update: I might have backpedal a bit. This does sound pretty special for a $23 record. I was listening to a Portugal. the Man record when I responded and put this one on afterward. This one sounds so so much better. A fuller sound and crystal clear. Of course, Evil Friends could have just been a weak pressing.

Last edited:
Not “special” per se, but I feel like pressings are getting mashed out due to vinyl popularity and when I get one that sounds great I’m happy.

Update: I might have backpedal a bit. This does sound pretty special for a $23 record. I was listening to a Portugal. the Man record when I responded and put this one on afterward. This one sounds so so much better. A fuller sound and crystal clear. Of course, Evil Friends could have just been a weak pressing.
Portugal. The Man - Woodstock was one of my favorite albums of 2017, and it's still a regular listen for me today.
It's also my favorite album to show case that vinyl does NOT always sound better. I still own their pressings, and I still enjoy them. But that band has not put out a quality release on vinyl, and they are a prime example of when streaming or CD is a better investment if you're only looking at sound quality.

So moral of the story is, most pressings sound good after spinning a PTM record, lol.

Back