All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

my Live In Asheville '19 Super Deluxe Edition from Mystery Jack x Cygoodies arrived today and the packaging is outstanding!

just started spinning it so really can't comment in terms of sound, but I'm expecting it to be great.

PXL_20210616_185113968-01.png
I don't want to show off everything for those who ordered it and haven't recieved it yet.

Last edited:
my Live In Asheville '19 Super Deluxe Edition from Mystery Jack x Cygoodies arrived today and the packaging is outstanding!

just started spinning it so really can't comment in terms of sound, but I'm expecting it to be great.

View attachment 102763
I don't want to show off everything for those who ordered it and haven't recieved it yet.
Mine showed up two days early as well. You are not kidding. This is up there with my Aural Pleasure Poly on details to the packaging. Can’t wait to spin it, even more excited for the 7”.

So I don't think its too early to call this as my favourite KGATLW album. Last time it was this instant of a feeling was Poly but that wasn't as certain and wavered a bit. Feels all new and all familiar at the same time. There are a couple of little melody lines in Blue Morpho, I think played by an accordion? Wild.

new Cavs track/video from his solo album, which I believe the pre-order starts tomorrow

It’s live. Limited to 1000 on this first pressing.

I think I'm going to pass on it. I really want to support the boys in everything they do, but not sure how much I'd listen to this.

20210621_110809.jpgBF3K arrived and while doing Discogs stuff I realized I haven't whipped out the full collection in a while. Eighteen studio albums + everything else. Still missing most of the bootlegs but I'm not as keen on those.

Anyone know what's happening with Enoch? Last I heard he was looking to maybe sell his collection, but if not he would have been well on pace to outdo this set, and possibly have the biggest collection out there.

View attachment 103202BF3K arrived and while doing Discogs stuff I realized I haven't whipped out the full collection in a while. Eighteen studio albums + everything else. Still missing most of the bootlegs but I'm not as keen on those.

Anyone know what's happening with Enoch? Last I heard he was looking to maybe sell his collection, but if not he would have been well on pace to outdo this set, and possibly have the biggest collection out there.

The vinyl for Eyes Like the Sky is quite gorgeous! I was eyeing up a used copy at my local today, but haven't given it a listen yet.

I really like the looks of that 12 Bar Bruise wax too!

He quit a while a back from the forum, not long after the jump here. I remember about him wanting to sell his collection and got a little bit of flack for it. Followed him on IG until very recently but I recall him calling it quits on all the vinyl thing, his IG hadn't been updated in a while too.

*pours one for Enoch*

He quit a while a back from the forum, not long after the jump here. I remember about him wanting to sell his collection and got a little bit of flack for it. Followed him on IG until very recently but I recall him calling it quits on all the vinyl thing, his IG hadn't been updated in a while too.

*pours one for Enoch*

Never saw his IG, but I just tracked down his Discogs and yeah, hasn't been active for a while. Bit of a shame, but there must have been a good reason to want to get out of the game, especially with a 2000+ collection of pretty much all new releases. You hear about those giant decades old collections that are impossible to sell, but he could pretty much have turned his into a record store.

View attachment 103202BF3K arrived and while doing Discogs stuff I realized I haven't whipped out the full collection in a while. Eighteen studio albums + everything else. Still missing most of the bootlegs but I'm not as keen on those.

yeah, Enoch popped on here some point last year and I asked him about his collection and he told me how he sold everything. I didn't want to pry and ask why he had made that decision but I hope it wasn't due to anything unfortunate and just something he wanted to do at that point.

I don’t fully know what to expect with this, but I ordered it last night. And now see it’s sold out. I have a feeling it’s gonna be a weird listen, but I’m so intrigued.

to those who've purchased the bootleg series releases, where are you storing them on your shelves in your Gizz section?

I recently received the Live In Asheville '19 and don't know where to put it. I place my records in Alphabetically by Artist Name and then the Albums chronologically. do I put it per the Bandcamp release date of the digital which is Oct 2020, which would put it in between Chunky and Live in SF? do I count it as a 2019 release? do I store the Official Booleggers in their own section after LW (soon to be BF3000)?

not sure how best to do this...how are you all storing these?

to those who've purchased the bootleg series releases, where are you storing them on your shelves in your Gizz section?

I recently received the Live In Asheville '19 and don't know where to put it. I place my records in Alphabetically by Artist Name and then the Albums chronologically. do I put it per the Bandcamp release date of the digital which is Oct 2020, which would put it in between Chunky and Live in SF? do I count it as a 2019 release? do I store the Official Booleggers in their own section after LW (soon to be BF3000)?

For my CRB and Dead sections I keep the studio/demo releases in chronological order from release. Keep all the live albums in order the show took place after the last/latest full length.

No Gizz on my shelf, but my Sun Ra boots are presently chronological based on first vinyl release, even if my version of the boot is newer (same idea as reissues being filed by original release rather than reissue release)

For my CRB and Dead sections I keep the studio/demo releases in chronological order from release. Keep all the live albums in order the show took place after the last/latest full length.
yeah, that was one of my thoughts as it just an easy solution and does make sense. I don't think I would do it this way for every band, but for Gizz I'm eventually going to have a lot of live records so keeping the live albums together after the most recent studio release is probably what I'll do.

thanks!

Back