All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I also show a bunch of taxes I've never heard of.
State tax is normal, but there is a TX City tax and a TX Special tax. WTF is that shiz? Certinaly not enough get bent out of shape about, but I've never seen those before.
Yeah, I had a city tax as well. And now we are sending our money to Universal Music Group. Didn't expect that. It seems Universal has its hand on everything.

Yeah, I had a city tax as well. And now we are sending our money to Universal Music Group. Didn't expect that. It seems Universal has its hand on everything.
Wait, I didn't realize Universal was involved with this now. Have they moved labels, or just started using UMG for digital media protection or what? I'm disappointed if they left flightless for UMG, but would also be impressed that UMG let's them continue to operate as they do.

gave Butterfly 3000 another listen while slightly toasty on my jog and liked it even better since I was able to digest it more.

not sure I truly love the sound to put this in top tier Gizz, but those moments of acoustic instrumentation, especially that stand up bass, along with all those arpeggiated synths just sounds so amazing! and by the time it gets to "Catching Smoke" it hits such a stride that is really something to behold. bummed because it seems I ran out of Bandcamp streams

I also show a bunch of taxes I've never heard of.
State tax is normal, but there is a TX City tax and a TX Special tax. WTF is that shiz? Certinaly not enough get bent out of shape about, but I've never seen those before.
and two city transit taxes? new to me, too.

as far as the UMG deal, this has happened before. UMG owns Caroline and I think Caroline does some of the distro for ATO, so it sometimes gets funneled through them. not sure what exactly is going on with this release since the Flightless thing is fuzzy, but it might be similar and they are handling US distribution with their channels.

So a friend of mine shared a friend of a friend who knows one of the band members situations via Facebook. Basically saying that there were royalty issues with Eric and the band and that could be why he left the band and possibly stopped distribution through Flightless. Also the use of Soundmerch for sales and at gigs. Of course this info is not 100% but just some food for thought.

So a friend of mine shared a friend of a friend who knows one of the band members situations via Facebook. Basically saying that there were royalty issues with Eric and the band and that could be why he left the band and possibly stopped distribution through Flightless. Also the use of Soundmerch for sales and at gigs. Of course this info is not 100% but just some food for thought.
That's a bummer, but seems to happen to most bands at some point.

I was hoping it was more like Flightless digital side couldn't keep up, so that had to be broken up a bit. But if they are totally separating from Flightless, that kind of sucks.

So am I crazy or wasn’t there supposed to be some kind of movie tied to Butterfly 3000? Any more info on that?

I actually really loved Chunky Shrapnel, but I’d be down for whatever kind of thing they make

I definitely didn’t look at this closely and just assumed English was one of the limited variants when I checked out 😂 Oh well. This is one of their best IMO so I’m just happy to have a copy coming.

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but Flightless is still releasing and promoting The Murlocs and Pipe-Eye so seems a little strange if there was just an issue between Eric and Gizz

I'm not saying this isn't the case, but Flightless is still releasing and promoting The Murlocs and Pipe-Eye so seems a little strange if there was just an issue between Eric and Gizz

Oh for sure. They’re still on the Flightless website and it states that Eric is their manager and there are still some media for purchase. It could very well be that the label is trying to grow their stable of artists but it just feels a little weird.

and it's early to tell, considering they haven't been 100% consistent on labels for releasing, right?

KG - KGLW/Flightless
Live SF - ATO/Flightless
Live Paris - KGLW
Live Melbourne - KGLW
LW - Caroline/Flightless/KGLW
Butterfly - KGLW

I think.

anywho, here is the friend post circulating social media -
cannot confirm this 100% but a friend of mine is friends with a guy who is close with one of the gizz band members(won't say who). He told me that Eric screwed the rest of the band over financially, hence the split and him leaving the band. It seems odd that all of a sudden, the band stops selling everything through flightless (especially when eric left to "focus on the label". They enlist a totally separate company (soundmerch) to handle sales of all vinyl and merch. The OG nowhere special / 161 crew dont run the merch stand at gigs anymore, it's all sound merch employees. When I went to the chunky shrapnel premiere at the astor theatre, the entire band was there besides eric when he was obviously still touring with the band during the recording of chunky. It seems like something has definitely happened between them. I've been hesitant to say anything online as I didn't want to start rumours but now everyone is starting to question the potential split I feel like it's the right time to. I could also be completely wrong though, my mates friend could have made it up, but why would he.

plus, isn't this post a hint at a later FLT Butterfly?

and it's early to tell, considering they haven't been 100% consistent on labels for releasing, right?

KG - KGLW/Flightless
Live SF - ATO/Flightless
Live Paris - KGLW
Live Melbourne - KGLW
Butterfly - KGLW

I think.

well, it goes without saying that I certainly hope that's not the case...I still hold out hope that he'll start playing with Gizz again down the road

KG - KGLW/Flightless
Live SF - ATO/Flightless
Live Paris - KGLW
Live Melbourne - KGLW
Butterfly - KGLW

I think.

Ha! That’s the exact message that was shared with me.

Back