All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

My copy of the K.G. squashed brain variant will be delivered tomorrow. Here is an image of it I found on reddit. Not surprising, it is nothing like the mock-ups. 🧠🧠

View attachment 87322
Kinda disappointing look. Very slight marble in the pink. Waiting that long for this is...meh, but excited to finally listen to the music which is what it's really about.

My copy of the K.G. squashed brain variant will be delivered tomorrow. Here is an image of it I found on reddit. Not surprising, it is nothing like the mock-ups. 🧠🧠

View attachment 87322

And another:

View attachment 87324

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing, but I haven't listened to the album yet, so looking forward to putting it on tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives in good condition without any major warps.

What was the mock-up like?

And another:

View attachment 87324

Yeah, it's a bit disappointing, but I haven't listened to the album yet, so looking forward to putting it on tomorrow. Hopefully it arrives in good condition without any major warps.
That would be disappointing but at least you have a great album to become acquainted with. Enjoy the experience!! ✌️

Wow. That is Pepto Bismol pink and not "squashed brain". The only brain getting squashed here is mine when I try to figure out why bands and pressing plants keep agreeing to put up Mockups of things they clearly aren't capable of. Do I really care about the color? Nope. I want it to sound good. But, I care that I could have been spinning the black version that's been at my local since early November and been just as happy as I am with this anti-poop juice pink. 😆

Wow. That is Pepto Bismol pink and not "squashed brain". The only brain getting squashed here is mine when I try to figure out why bands and pressing plants keep agreeing to put up Mockups of things they clearly aren't capable of. Do I really care about the color? Nope. I want it to sound good. But, I care that I could have been spinning the black version that's been at my local since early November and been just as happy as I am with this anti-poop juice pink. 😆
Ain't that the truth

Just got my “chewed bubblegum” KG in the mail. Are the vocals mixed different on Minimum Brain Size? They seem much cleaner and clear on the vinyl than digital. It may just be my squashed brain, though. I don’t know.

Alright, I’ll give Caroline this credit. This pressing sounds fantastic! It may not look like the mock-up, but the sound is clean and full.

Last edited:
Just got my “chewed bubblegum” KG in the mail. Are the vocals mixed different on Minimum Brain Size? They seem much cleaner and clear on the vinyl than digital. It may just be my squashed brain, though. I don’t know.

Alright, I’ll give Caroline this credit. This pressing sounds fantastic! It may not look like the mock-up, but the sound is clean and full.
In my opinion, this album SHINES on vinyl. A much more fulfilling experience.

“Minimum Brain Size” sounds so clean and clear on wax.

Back