All Things King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard

I got mine from the EU Gizzverse and it has separate inners for Mind Fuzz, but plain black cardboard inners for Quarters.

Mind Fuzz came in a PVC outer which I know isn't good for vinyl
View attachment 144504
Weird. Mind Fuzz and Quarters were both brown paper outers for me, then mind fuzz had what looks to be your LP1 inner for it and LP2 and then Quarters had the same black paper inners.

Weird. Mind Fuzz and Quarters were both brown paper outers for me, then mind fuzz had what looks to be your LP1 inner for it and LP2 and then Quarters had the same black paper inners.
both have Heavenly Records logos as I ended up ordering from EU Gizzverse, so I maybe that's the difference?

finally got my Audiophile, 2xLP Quarters and Mind Fuzz. cleaned them and noticed the Mind Fuzz labels showing the Mind Fuzz suite split over 2 sides and instantly thought, "maybe this wasn't the best idea"..ha ha
Thanks. Wont be buying that version of Mind Fuzz with that suite split. That jam on KEXP was what first got me really into Gizz, and the KEXP the River.

Thanks. Wont be buying that version of Mind Fuzz with that suite split. That jam on KEXP was what first got me really into Gizz, and the KEXP the River.
ha ha.. yeah, I haven't listened to it yet but seems just as bad a splitting Lord Of Lightning over two sides. also, the notion of an "Audiophile" edition of that recording is kind of ridiculous. but they're my favorite band and on most days I'd say Mind Fuzz is my favorite album of theirs, so....

but yeah, if you're going to have one copy of the album I think the 1 LP version makes more sense.

So what’s everyone’s fall tour plans so far? I’m hitting the first two red rocks shows, okc for Halloween and then night three of rocks.
I’m going to one of the first two Red Rocks shows. Since I’ll need to take a couple days off with this falling in the middle of the week, I’m thinking about adding on a two night backpacking trip to the front of the trip.

If anyone has any moderate trail suggestions for early October within a couple hours of Denver, please send them my way!

I’m going to one of the first two Red Rocks shows. Since I’ll need to take a couple days off with this falling in the middle of the week, I’m thinking about adding on a two night backpacking trip to the front of the trip.

If anyone has any moderate trail suggestions for early October within a couple hours of Denver, please send them my way!
Closest to Denver and a not too terribly challenging hike is Elk Falls, it's really pretty and it'll leave you feeling accomplished at about 10 miles. The Flat Iron hikes near Boulder are much shorter but harder hikes, although the views are stellar. And if you don't mind driving farther, then I'd head toward Vail or Aspen and do one of their trails to see the excellent leaves. If you're not acclimated to the altitude though, you might want to stick to some of the shorter and easy hikes if you go that route. But the drive is almost worth it on its own especially if you take Independence Pass which should still be open in October. And, of course, if you're up to it then you can't go wrong doing one of the 14ers! That would depend on if they get any snow, but typically early October there are a couple options near Leadville for those.

ok, yeah. I'm listening to it now and it does sound pretty good actually, but I can't see myself spinning this much simply due to the Mind Fuzz suite split... which is really a shame.

I don't recommend this as a one and only copy of the album.

PS: that same KEXP is what sold me on the band. I only first heard of them when Nonagon Infinity was releasing and thought Gamma Knife was kind of cool, but overall thought they were kind of a joke band, but was intrigued enough to check out other stuff. when I saw that performance I realized they most certainly are no joke, but are in fact the real deal

If you like psychedelic art, check out Convergence Station if you have time. It's on my list of stuff to do while I'm out there.

Cygoodies/Bootleggers are also going to have a get together at a brewery prior to day one. Hanging out, talking shop, selling wares. I'll update with more deets here once I get them. :)

Last edited:
ok, yeah. I'm listening to it now and it does sound pretty good actually, but I can't see myself spinning this much simply due to the Mind Fuzz suite split... which is really a shame.

PS: that same KEXP is what sold me on the band. I only first heard of them when Nonagon Infinity was releasing and thought Gamma Knife was kind of cool, but overall thought they were kind of a joke band, but was intrigued enough to check out other stuff. when I saw that performance I realized they most certainly are no joke, but are in fact the real deal
Also not terribly convinced that that album could be made into an "audiophile" pressing. It's pretty low fidelity and raw. It's a fun record, but I'm content with my Castleface pressing. I suppose if I find a good deal on it in the future, I might bite. Seems like the market is saturated with Gizz records and you can find any album for cheap, so long as youre not looking for a certain variant. I know many shops are still trying to sell all those Butterfly 3000 variants.

I can't say I'd recommend any audiophile/special edition as the one/only copy, unless it’s one of your favorites. I see this complaint FREQUENTLY with live Dead shows as well. While I get this for some folks I'm usually sitting next to my record player drawing/painting/listening and have never had an issue with the experience being tarnished by a split in a track/suite. (Yes I want a copy of Murder where the chapters are properly split, but my current version doesn't bother me same as nonagon having to be flipped. lol)

To each their own, this is the best sounding these albums have sounded imo so if that's your thing and this is your band, it's worth the price tag.

Last edited:
I can't say I'd recommend any audiophile/special edition as the one/only copy for a general fan. I see this complaint FREQUENTLY with live Dead shows as well. While I get this for some folks I'm usually sitting next to my record player drawing/painting/listening and have never had an issue with the experience being tarnished by a split in a track/suite. (Yes I want a copy of Murder where the chapters are properly split, but my current version doesn't bother me same as nonagon having to be flipped. lol)

To each their own, this is the best sounding these albums have sounded imo so if that's your thing and this is your band, it's worth the price tag.
it for sure sounds better! but based off the original recording there's a pretty low ceiling on how good it can get

Closest to Denver and a not too terribly challenging hike is Elk Falls, it's really pretty and it'll leave you feeling accomplished at about 10 miles. The Flat Iron hikes near Boulder are much shorter but harder hikes, although the views are stellar. And if you don't mind driving farther, then I'd head toward Vail or Aspen and do one of their trails to see the excellent leaves. If you're not acclimated to the altitude though, you might want to stick to some of the shorter and easy hikes if you go that route. But the drive is almost worth it on its own especially if you take Independence Pass which should still be open in October. And, of course, if you're up to it then you can't go wrong doing one of the 14ers! That would depend on if they get any snow, but typically early October there are a couple options near Leadville for those.
Thank you! I hadn't gotten a lot of suggestions near Boulder yet, so I'll need to explore those options. I love the idea of doing a 14er, but I'm not really comfortable doing it solo, especially on a time restricted trip this time of year. If it was peak summer (like late July) and I had 3 nights, I wouldn't mind bringing a daypack and doing a base camp set up to do one of the 14ers. But solo on two nights in October... just more than I'm comfortable with at the moment.

Thank you! I hadn't gotten a lot of suggestions near Boulder yet, so I'll need to explore those options. I love the idea of doing a 14er, but I'm not really comfortable doing it solo, especially on a time restricted trip this time of year. If it was peak summer (like late July) and I had 3 nights, I wouldn't mind bringing a daypack and doing a base camp set up to do one of the 14ers. But solo on two nights in October... just more than I'm comfortable with at the moment.
Definitely understand. But those others I mentioned are great. There are some cool short hikes between Boulder and Nederland too. Just drive up Canyon road and pull off at one of the trail heads. I'd highly recommend hitting up Backcountry after for a beer and a slice!

It's Colorado. You won't be alone. You'll be lucky to get a spot in the parking lot at the trailhead. ha ha.

So I've been working away at this idea for a long time and only recently figured out how to make it work.
It's a tool to help discover the whole discography, directed at those who have heard a little that they like and don't know where to go next.
I'm curious what you all think of it and what I should add:

So I've been working away at this idea for a long time and only recently figured out how to make it work.
It's a tool to help discover the whole discography, directed at those who have heard a little that they like and don't know where to go next.

At a glance this is super cool. I feel like this is exactly the kind of thing that may have dipped me in the Gizzverse a bit earlier had it existed a couple of years ago. It's living on a pinned tab for now and I'm looking forward to crawling around more later!

good stuff !

FYI, the "If you want more energy and a heavier sound" link on the Nonagon Infinity section is presently a broken link.

Back