All things disc golf.

Speaking of putting... what's your putting style?
  • Spin putt?
  • Push putt?
  • Loft putt?
  • Other?
I've been predominantly a push putter (particularly since a lot of my local courses the past few years have been tonals instead of baskets), but have had occasional success with spin putting - especially in the wind. I imagine myself having more time for disc come next season and hope to work on advancing my spin putt.

From outside of the circle I'm more partial to a step putt than a jump putt.
It's been the loft putt for my first year now. I'm trying to add some spin but I stink

• Spin putt?
  • Push putt?
  • Loft putt?
  • Other?
I've been predominantly a push putter (particularly since a lot of my local courses the past few years have been tonals instead of baskets), but have had occasional success with spin putting - especially in the wind. I imagine myself having more time for disc come next season and hope to work on advancing my spin putt.

My putting style is usually throwing it, followed by a "shit!".

• Spin putt?
  • Push putt?
  • Loft putt?
  • Other?

I think the way I've been throwing is spin putt, but my skill is in its infancy.

I think the way I've been throwing is spin putt, but my skill is in its infancy.

Actually, I'd say it's probably a mix between a push with a light wrist flick to spin the disc if that makes sense. Not sure if this is anything because I'm definitely bad. My technique isn't there to get a good spin on it. Is hybrid a thing?

MVP Open is always my favourite tournament of the year!
Very stoked for the next 4 days of coverage.

Maple Hill is number one on my dream course playlist (dunno that I'll be getting to Massachusetts any time soon though!)

Caught an ad for this while watching the Jomez coverage for MVP Round 3 and when I pulled up the Kickstarter I saw that the guy making it is someone I've met at a tournament or two and is a great member of the disc community across the water from me. The finished game itself is rather spendy (it's madness how much board games cost!) but it's a cool project and worth a look at the very least, whether you back it or not...

Caught an ad for this while watching the Jomez coverage for MVP Round 3 and when I pulled up the Kickstarter I saw that the guy making it is someone I've met at a tournament or two and is a great member of the disc community across the water from me. The finished game itself is rather spendy (it's madness how much board games cost!) but it's a cool project and worth a look at the very least, whether you back it or not...

I think I’ve been seeing some promoted IG posts about this (if not it’s crazy similar, maybe a card type game?) I’m not a board game guy, but it’s an interesting concept.

I think I’ve been seeing some promoted IG posts about this (if not it’s crazy similar, maybe a card type game?) I’m not a board game guy, but it’s an interesting concept.

There is this one as well, which was actually advertised during the front 9 - it's was funded through Kickstarter as well and is designed by MVP Open Tournament Director and Disc Golf Pro Tour founder, Steve Dodge:

bb11c07e4ca6bd4ce1253b77c17a08c0_original.jpg
Birdie_Pro_2023_1K-550x550_1024x1024.jpg

HOT DAMN I LOVE MVP OPEN!!!

Definitely a wild ride this year, and stunningly low scores thanks to the wind in Round 3, but the course never fails to bring the excitement and this year was truly a special one.

I have never been more excited and happy for a win from the chase card than seeing Matty O finally take down an Elite Series win. It was emotional when we got to see it play out on the "Chase Card Check-In" and even more so seeing the interview at the end. I was pretty disappointed at the end of Round 3 to see that Matty O just barely missed being on Round 4 lead card. Were live viewing an option in my life schedule, I'm sure this would have been the most exciting moment of it. Three cheers to Jomez and Big Barri for doing their best to replicate the tension and release that would have been occurring live on the course. I was hoping to see Orum pull off the Chase Card win and am so glad he did. And what an electric crowd to finally take the W in front of! Beautiful stuff!

Back