All things disc golf.

Is that Caiman flat? It looks pretty flat.

I like your fat bubblegum Mako.

The Caiman is quite flat. I've been wanting to try one for a while, but I love my Zones so much that I don't know how likely it is to secure a spot in my bag, but $4 was definitely worth giving one ago!

The bubblegum Mako3 is my favourite colour/plastic combo for sure.

The Caiman is quite flat. I've been wanting to try one for a while, but I love my Zones so much that I don't know how likely it is to secure a spot in my bag, but $4 was definitely worth giving one ago!

The bubblegum Mako3 is my favourite colour/plastic combo for sure.
180g tho. Whew. You can throw that directly into the wind I assume.

180g tho. Whew. You can throw that directly into the wind I assume.

Yeah, my theory is that I'd be able to keep that one as a straightshooter and work the other one into a good turnover disc, but we'll see what the actuality is once I get out to a field with these. Chances are decent that I'll just flail with both of them!

20231120_132929.jpg

Wife and I took advantage of gorgeous weather and hit up our semi-local woods course for the first time since she was pregnant. Played far better than I expected while still missing some wildly obvious shots that used to be practically gimmes for me. Most importantly, we had a blast. Good to get back on the horse!

Planning to register for a tournament a couple hours up-island in early January, so I'll be trying to get out more regularly in the meanwhile.

I did a thing!

View attachment 189610

First tournament since the weekend before the baby was born a little over two years ago, and first PDGA- sanctioned tournament since nearly exactly 2 years before that!
January tournament? Are you a glutton for punishment or do you guys just have mild winters?

January tournament? Are you a glutton for punishment or do you guys just have mild winters?

Mild winters. More likely to be rainy than anything else - hence the tournament series being called Duck Golf. The series moves around between the islands and the mainland for the autumn/winter/spring season. I've played in two before (both in Nanaimo, like this one, in 2018 & 2019) and was fortunate to have great weather for both. Brisk for sure, and the ground too moist to rely on for intentional skips and rollers, but usually just need for a long-sleeved shirt, or t-shirt and flannel once sufficiently warmed up.

Back