Albums That Need to Be Pressed / Repressed on Vinyl

This is in my top 10 albums of the last 20 years easily. Never made it to vinyl and I am not sure it ever will. Tiki Taane's Past Present Future is a varied and stunning listen and is very well recorded and mastered.

It really baffles me why this stone cold classic album from 92 with Ginger Baker on drums has never made it to vinyl

31KB5RHNCKL.jpg

There's also this absolute classic, with Charlie Haden and Bill Frisell. I pull this out several times a year, it never gets old and it has never been pressed!

I’ve been waiting for Sebadoh “Harmacy” to be reissued. I’ve never found it in the wild and I refuse to buy it from overseas via Discogs.

You and me both :(
I read somewhere something along the lines of it's never going to happen. Lou Barlow apparently does not look back at that album or that time period with any fondness (relationship problems, arguing with a producer/engineer that their drummer needed to be fired and replaced, etc.) and has basically said that all the songs and recordings are out there, get them if you can find them because he is not interested in a reissue campaign.

An album I'd love to own on vinyl (even though there's probably not a lot of demand out there for it) is Sci-Fi Crimes by Chevelle. One of my absolute favorite albums that not many people talk about. As far as I know, the band's first two albums and most recent one are their only studio albums you can get on vinyl. They even released a B-sides compilation last year and *that* got a vinyl pressing, and yet a large chunk of their discography is still unavailable in the format. But there's hope that it eventually happens 🤞
It'd be especially nice to get a colored pressing with brown or light tan vinyl to match the album cover, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
View attachment 1735
Did Vena Sera ever get any sort of vinyl release? That ones on my list for sure

Besides Tool and Fiona Apple records, and Songs for the Deaf...

One of my favorites from the 90s, Jimmie's Chicken Shack-Pushing the Salmanilla Envelope. They did a live CD too that would be fun to have on vinyl

Also would flip out for The Sound of Animals Fighting-The Ocean and the Sun

And the 2014 mono Sgt Peppers cuz I dont wanna spend $120 on one!

An album I'd love to own on vinyl (even though there's probably not a lot of demand out there for it) is Sci-Fi Crimes by Chevelle. One of my absolute favorite albums that not many people talk about. As far as I know, the band's first two albums and most recent one are their only studio albums you can get on vinyl. They even released a B-sides compilation last year and *that* got a vinyl pressing, and yet a large chunk of their discography is still unavailable in the format. But there's hope that it eventually happens 🤞
It'd be especially nice to get a colored pressing with brown or light tan vinyl to match the album cover, but hey, beggars can't be choosers.
View attachment 1735

Need this along with Point #1, Vena Sera, Hats Off To The Bull, and La Gárgola.

Did Vena Sera ever get any sort of vinyl release? That ones on my list for sure

Nope.

In a somewhat related topic, the CD release was one of my first submissions to Discogs...a very minimal effort going on 10 years ago.
Maybe we'll see a 10th Anniversary vinyl reissue later this year.

Need this along with Point #1, Vena Sera, Hats Off To The Bull, and La Gárgola.

Yes to all of these...most specifically Point #1. I know they have said they didn't care for the finished product Steve Albini recorded for them, that album is probably my most favorite because of the sound.

THE GAME - JESUS PIECE plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tierra Whack - Whack World

Chance The Rapper - Acid Rap

Also this random gem of an album that I think most here would love from New Zealanders, Mild Orange:

OH ALSO SHAWTY PIMP AND RED DOG - COMIN REAL WIT IT

H
Besides Tool and Fiona Apple records, and Songs for the Deaf...

One of my favorites from the 90s, Jimmie's Chicken Shack-Pushing the Salmanilla Envelope. They did a live CD too that would be fun to have on vinyl

Also would flip out for The Sound of Animals Fighting-The Ocean and the Sun

And the 2014 mono Sgt Peppers cuz I dont wanna spend $120 on one!
How did I forget Cake?!?!?! Need me some Fashion Nugget

Back