Rachel Getting Married
The Royal Tenenbaums
The Rules Of Attraction
Spun
The Squid And The Whale
Thumbsucker
The Wackness
Y Tu Mama También

Are the soundtracks to all of these films actually that good, or do you just like the movies?

Interesting. I like a lot of these films, like Punch Drunk Love, but I've never thought twice about the soundtrack. Maybe I should
Jon Brion is responsible for the Punch-Drunk Love Soundtrack. He was PT Anderson’s Johnny Greenwood before Johnny Greenwood. I always enjoyed Brion’s blend of orchestral jazzy pop. I much preferred his version of Fiona Apple’s “Extraordinary Machine” too.

Jon Brion is responsible for the Punch-Drunk Love Soundtrack. He was PT Anderson’s Johnny Greenwood before Johnny Greenwood. I always enjoyed Brion’s blend of orchestral jazzy pop. I much preferred his version of Fiona Apple’s “Extraordinary Machine” too.
Yes, his scores for Magnolia, Eternal Sunshine... and I Heart Huckabees are also great...most of his recent output has been disappointing and uninteresting to me except maybe for Lady Bird.

He was also the man really responsible for shaping the sound of the first 2-3 Kanye records.

God bless you for mentioning this. Coil is so fucking overlooked, and their discography has so many gems that are in need of a repress.

Along similar-ish lines, I'd love to see a repress of Current 93's "All The Pretty Little Horses" and Nurse With Wound's "An Awkward Pause". I asked David Tibet about the former last year and he said there was a tentative reissue planned for sometime in 2019, so fingers crossed?

Speaking of Jon Brion, I don't believe his solo album (and so far only studio album... sadly :cautious:) Meaningless has ever been on vinyl, which should really be rectified. I'd definitely get it!

Yeezus , The Life Of Pablo, and Graduation by Kanye West all don't have official pressings.
Not only are there no official pressings, but the bootlegs I know of for Graduation have the track list all rearranged, and the one for TLOP isn't even the most up to date version of the album.

Back