Albums That Need to Be Pressed / Repressed on Vinyl

Did Vena Sera ever get any sort of vinyl release? That ones on my list for sure
Not that I can tell :confused:
Back in 2017, they repressed Wonder What's Next and This Type of Thinking, but that was it, which is odd to me. I'm still hoping that they have plans to do the rest of the albums at some point

Need this along with Point #1, Vena Sera, Hats Off To The Bull, and La Gárgola.
Maybe they could release a career box set like Rise Against did last year.

Point #1 is the only one I'm not keeping my fingers crossed for. I'd love to have it too, but from what I can tell the band doesn't care for it too much and is pretty okay with it being OOP.

Nope.

In a somewhat related topic, the CD release was one of my first submissions to Discogs...a very minimal effort going on 10 years ago.
Maybe we'll see a 10th Anniversary vinyl reissue later this year.

Yes to all of these...most specifically Point #1. I know they have said they didn't care for the finished product Steve Albini recorded for them, that album is probably my most favorite because of the sound.
I guess I should have read down further before I posted my last two responses and said what you already did lol

Last edited:
I'll throw another album out there that desperately needs an official repress: Government Plates by Death Grips.

I can understand other DG RSD releases not being repressed, like Fashion Week / Interview 2016 and Steroids. Those could be seen as more niche items that are better left as limited edition releases. But Government Plates is one of the band's main studio albums with several of their most iconic tracks on it. I get Exmilitary not being repressed because of sample clearance issues, but as far as I know, nothing like that is keeping GP from being repressed. I'm not paying the astronomical prices I see for the official RSD copies, and I really want to avoid getting a bootleg, so for right now it seems like I'm just waiting on a repress (if it ever comes).

rs-148723-cellar-1386005232.jpg
On a side note, Exmilitary is probably the album I want an official copy of the most, but it doesn't seem like that's happening anytime soon.

I'll throw another album out there that desperately needs an official repress: Government Plates by Death Grips.

I can understand other DG RSD releases not being repressed, like Fashion Week / Interview 2016 and Steroids. Those could be seen as more niche items that are better left as limited edition releases. But Government Plates is one of the band's main studio albums with several of their most iconic tracks on it. I get Exmilitary not being repressed because of sample clearance issues, but as far as I know, nothing like that is keeping GP from being repressed. I'm not paying the astronomical prices I see for the official RSD copies, and I really want to avoid getting a bootleg, so for right now it seems like I'm just waiting on a repress (if it ever comes).

View attachment 1847
On a side note, Exmilitary is probably the album I want an official copy of the most, but it doesn't seem like that's happening anytime soon.

Now that I just sold my extra copy for an astronomical price, I say LET THE PEOPLE HAVE THEIR REPRESS

This probably isn’t on anyone else’s list but I’d love Elton John - Peach Tree Road. This needs a repress to bring the price back to sanity.

There's also this absolute classic, with Charlie Haden and Bill Frisell. I pull this out several times a year, it never gets old and it has never been pressed!

View attachment 1793

You and me both :(
I read somewhere something along the lines of it's never going to happen. Lou Barlow apparently does not look back at that album or that time period with any fondness (relationship problems, arguing with a producer/engineer that their drummer needed to be fired and replaced, etc.) and has basically said that all the songs and recordings are out there, get them if you can find them because he is not interested in a reissue campaign.
Oh shit! That actually makes me want to go ahead and buy one of Discogs then! 😁

Three albums I'd KILL to see on vinyl are Rhythm Nation 1814, janet. & The Velvet Rope by Janet Jackson! I also can't wait to get that Control reissue coming out!
I have OGs of Control and Rhythm Nation, which are still available in good condition for pretty cheap, but I've been waiting on janet. and The Velvet Rope forever!

Aaliyah - One In A Million
Got A Girl - I Love You But I Must Drive Off This Cliff Now
D.I.T.C. - Worldwide
The Foreign Exchange - Connected
Jaylib - Champion Sound (with the original samples)
L'Orange - The Mad Writer
Al Wilson - Show And Tell
The Last Emperor - Palace Of The Pretender
Craig Mack - Project: Funk Da World
Bobby Caldwell - Bobby Caldwell
Grand Pupa - Reel To Reel
Lord Finesse - The Awakening
Kanye West - The College Dropout (with correct track listing and skits)
Al Johnson - Back For More
De La Soul - Stakes Is High
DJ Muggs Vs. GZA/Genius - Grandmasters
A Tribe Called Quest - The Low End Theory
Westside Connection - Bow Down
Kool G Rap & DJ Polo - Wanted: Dead Or Alive
Kool G Rap - 4, 5, 6
Lost Boyz - Legal Drug Money
Keith Murray - The Most Beautifullest Thing In This World
Afu-Ra - Body Of The Life Force
Nas - It Was Written
Onyx - All We Got Iz Us

...And many many more.

The Good the Bad and the Queen - The Good the Bad and the Queen.
This is definitely up there for me. What with them reforming and putting out a second album, you'd think now would be a good time to repress it, but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon 😔

Chairlift's Something is in desperate need of a repress.

Also - I'm assuming it will be pressed in the near future, but why hasn't Lizzo's Cuz I Love You been pressed? Anyone know?

Back