A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

I had thought that mofi had done mono 45 of all the first 8 albums. I was wrong, I was sure there was a mono of the 3LP blonde on blonde but I can’t find it anywhere...

Good job the 2010 MOV mono pressing is pretty damn fine!

I will say, I would recommend the Dylan MoFis in general.

I have Nashville Skyline, New Morning (probably the weakest sounding of the bunch), Pat Garrett, Planet Waves, Before the Flood, The Basement Tapes, and Desire, along with the one-step Blood on the Tracks. Oh Mercy is on order, and I'm awaiting a release date on Love and Theft.

I went with the Mono Collection box on the first 8 albums to save money (and they sound great).

I just lost out on eBay a few weeks ago. Still hoping to find it at a halfway decent price
I put a WTB on the Hoffman forums and got a NM disc/VG++ sleeve within a few weeks for $100 shipped. I saw a NM one sell there very quickly for $120 as well.

The Discogs/eBay prices are nuts. Part of me thinks $100 was nuts, but after listening to it, I'm pleased

Has anyone heard the standard press of Desire out there? I feel like I remember hearing something negative about it.

The mono box is great value. I was lucky that I only had the Highway 61 MoFi when news of the box hit the forum. If Columbia did a box of his next eight albums I would be all over that too, lol.
I have a 76 pressing from Europe and it sounds amazing.

So question, do you guys put Bootleg chronologically at its release time or after.... I just pulled Rough and Rowdy out of the flipbin and realized I had a dilemma.

So question, do you guys put Bootleg chronologically at its release time or after.... I just pulled Rough and Rowdy out of the flipbin and realized I had a dilemma.
Hmm, good question. I don't have any of them yet, but I'd probably either put them all together at the end or put them with the albums or eras they correspond to (like Vol. 5 would go with BOTT and Desire, for example).

Hmm, good question. I don't have any of them yet, but I'd probably either put them all together at the end or put them with the albums or eras they correspond to (like Vol. 5 would go with BOTT and Desire, for example).
I think era would make it worse. I’ve got Hitchhiker and Homegrown in the Neil section at release. Something makes me like the idea of having them altogether (when I have one besides Travellin Through.

I think era would make it worse. I’ve got Hitchhiker and Homegrown in the Neil section at release. Something makes me like the idea of having them altogether (when I have one besides Travellin Through.

I have them at the back as SRS after the ORS.

Fair. For my example, I was just thinking that if I was in the mood for mid- to late-70's Dylan, I'd want to see all my options at the same time.

I dont yet, but Biograph and perhaps the Greatest Hits albums are on my list. I would slot the bootleg series after those (I have 5, 14, and 15 on wax).

Yeah I don’t think I’ll bother with those, if I get what I want I’ll have far too much already...

I have 1-3, 5 and 13-15 of the bootlegs.

So you’d have the bootleg collection pieces in the main collection based on when they were released rather than altogether?

Back