A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

I already have it and it’s the weakest of the 3 return to form albums for me so a weird choice by MoFi to go with over Time Out Of Mind and Modern Times. I’ll be passing on this one.
I’d say that MoFi’s choice in albums is often weird...they really need a new curator of titles. There’s so much stuff that could use the MoFi treatment but seems their curation team doesn’t really bother to pursue outside of a Train album hah.

I’d say that MoFi’s choice in albums is often weird...they really need a new curator of titles. There’s so much stuff that could use the MoFi treatment but seems their curation team doesn’t really bother to pursue outside of a Train album hah.

This is weird within Dylan’s discography. I’ll get Oh Mercy but this is a hard pass. Oh Mercy is also likely the last MoFi Dylan that I will get unless they do some of the out of print Bootleg Series Volumes that I don’t have.

Their choices in general are staid and it doesn’t bode well for them going forward. They badly need some women and some people under 60 to pick some albums for them!

This is weird within Dylan’s discography. I’ll get Oh Mercy but this is a hard pass. Oh Mercy is also likely the last MoFi Dylan that I will get unless they do some of the out of print Bootleg Series Volumes that I don’t have.

Their choices in general are staid and it doesn’t bode well for them going forward. They badly need some women and some people under 60 to pick some albums for them!

Agreed. Because when they try to do more current albums, we get Train

Yea—you can very clearly picture in your head who is choosing what albums they press. And there are so many amazing albums out there that could use the MoFi treatment. They would usher in a whole new demographic of buyers if they got their act together.

Yea—you can very clearly picture in your head who is choosing what albums they press. And there are so many amazing albums out there that could use the MoFi treatment. They would usher in a whole new demographic of buyers if they got their act together.

Yep and the boomer buying power argument is now defunct too, I‘m a millennial and approaching 40!

Finally sitting down to listen to the Dylan MoFi One Step. It arrived yesterday from Target (weird thing to say) and I gotta say....wow. This thing blows pretty much any other record I have out of the water.
So which title is it? I've lost track and don't know whether there's more than one Dylan One Step title. I have a couple of Gain-2 Dylans (Blood on the Tracks and Blonde on Blonde), but I don't have anything from the One Step series. Nice that you got what you paid for!! :p

So which title is it? I've lost track and don't know whether there's more than one Dylan One Step title. I have a couple of Gain-2 Dylans (Blood on the Tracks and Blonde on Blonde), but I don't have anything from the One Step series. Nice that you got what you paid for!! :p
There’s only one one step from Dylan. It’s Blood on the Tracks. For me it’s head and shoulders above any of the mono box set Dylan’s and I like it better than the MoFi Dylan Gain 2s I have. I do not have Blonde on Blonde or Blood on the Tracks Gain 2s though so I don’t have a direct comparison outside of my OG pressing. The BOTT gain 2s are pretty pricey now—cheapest is $85 or so now on discogs.

there is no surface noise on this. The instrument separation is awesome. It sounds like i got new speakers hah.

Its a lot better than the normal 33 Blood on the tracks mofi, I had that first and this one leaves it for dead. It’s also a fair bit better than the 45s that they did of his mono stuff and I think that they are pretty damn perfect. The only pressing I have that is comparable in quality is the 45RPM of Radiohead’s In Rainbows out of the Diskbox and it’s a good big bit better than that too!

Last edited:
Back