A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

Has anyone been able to get a flat copy of the new Dylan record? I’ve gone through a couple so far and they have both been badly warped. Maybe I’m spoiled because the rest of my Dylan records are pressed at RTI, but really, shouldn’t the new one have been pressed there too? Come on, this is Bob Dylan we are talking about!

So I have been told that stuff saying “awaiting repress” on Music Direct has a pretty good chance of coming back into stock. There are quite a few MoFi Dylan albums in that camp (including Blonde on Blonde). I may email them to ask about some specific albums to see what they say...
I followed up on this with Music Direct. They have said that any albums marked Out of Stock or Awaiting Repress will definitely be fulfilled. So if there is anything you were looking for and it's listed as that on the MD site, might want to place an order. They do not charge until the item leaves the warehouse.

In terms of Dylan's that fit the bill on this...

They also have quite a few cheap Dylan MoFis on sale. The Times They Are A Changin' is only $28 right now.

Has anyone been able to get a flat copy of the new Dylan record? I’ve gone through a couple so far and they have both been badly warped. Maybe I’m spoiled because the rest of my Dylan records are pressed at RTI, but really, shouldn’t the new one have been pressed there too? Come on, this is Bob Dylan we are talking about!

Yeah I have the standard black press and it’s great, really nice press and flat as a pancake. Ours were pressed by MPO in France according to Discogs.

So what's the deal with the numbers? Are they not actually limited, or some of them are, or.. ?

The two colours, we have olive green and I think it’s gold over there, are supposedly limited but there are no numbers on them and no amount was published. Judging by how many my store had of the green it’s a big big number.

Yeah I have the standard black press and it’s great, really nice press and flat as a pancake. Ours were pressed by MPO in France according to Discogs.
Well that’s good to hear and I guess there is hope. Looks like I’ll be continuing the amazon dance until I get a good one. Ohhhh the joys of vinyl collecting 🙃

Ah right sorry! I just looked at mine. The mono 45s have a number and are stated on the jacket to be out of 3,000. The stereos all have a number but just state special limited edition.
Gotcha.

Apart from maybe Oh Mercy, I think the only other Dylan MoFi I'll ever try to get is Desire, but not at the current second-hand prices.

Gotcha.

Apart from maybe Oh Mercy, I think the only other Dylan MoFi I'll ever try to get is Desire, but not at the current second-hand prices.

Yeah I have 6 now and when I have the money for Oh Mercy it’ll be 7. I’d love the other mono’s but it’s gonna be too much money and tbh I’d be shocked if they were all even still in stock. I have Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited on the 45 mono. Nashville Skyline Rising, Planet Waves and Desire on the Stereo. And of course the Blood on the Tracks...

Yeah I have 6 now and when I have the money for Oh Mercy it’ll be 7. I’d love the other mono’s but it’s gonna be too much money and tbh I’d be shocked if they were all even still in stock. I have Bringing It All Back Home and Highway 61 Revisited on the 45 mono. Nashville Skyline Rising, Planet Waves and Desire on the Stereo. And of course the Blood on the Tracks...
I'm very tempted to get Blonde on Blonde MoFi...as for the numbers @BjorgenFjorgen, I have no idea. I don't believe all are numbered. I have a few MoFis where there's no number but a blank space for where a number should be. Maybe they never pressed the full run? It is confusing but if they said it will come back into stock, then I'm a bit hopeful...someone I know back-ordered Bill Wither's Greatest Hits and just got a copy shipped to him.

I'm very tempted to get Blonde on Blonde MoFi...as for the numbers @BjorgenFjorgen, I have no idea. I don't believe all are numbered. I have a few MoFis where there's no number but a blank space for where a number should be. Maybe they never pressed the full run? It is confusing but if they said it will come back into stock, then I'm a bit hopeful...someone I know back-ordered Bill Wither's Greatest Hits and just got a copy shipped to him.
My MOFI Gain 2 box of Dylan's Blonde on Blonde (45 RPM, 3LP) is numbered (#8531 in my case) with no indication of the total number pressed.

EDIT: So is my Blood on the Tracks Gain 2, again with no indication of the total number pressed.

My yellow copy (think it was supposed to be gold but it looks yellow) from Germany is flat, clean, and sounds great.

Yeah i ordered mine I think in May. It’s shipped, but haven’t received it yet, and I live just a short flight away from you
Unlike stuff I've ordered from the UK, the Dylan package went through customs and that seemed to take quite a while. I've got a couple of other records I ordered from them and I just do my best not to think too much about them. :D

Unlike stuff I've ordered from the UK, the Dylan package went through customs and that seemed to take quite a while. I've got a couple of other records I ordered from them and I just do my best not to think too much about them. :D
I’ve been patient. I know customs can take a long time, especially to/from Germany. I was just surprised to see someone had received theirs already! Glad to hear it’s a good press though!

Back