A Simple Twist Of Fate - The Bob Dylan Thread

Ah gotcha. It says I don't have access to it. I must not post enough to get on there. Thanks though!
Yeah, I think you have to hit a number of posts before you can do the buy/sell/trade section. If you're into Jazz, Blues, and more classic-era Rock, you can definitely find some cool items and high end audiophile pressings there.

I will say, I would recommend the Dylan MoFis in general.

I have Nashville Skyline, New Morning (probably the weakest sounding of the bunch), Pat Garrett, Planet Waves, Before the Flood, The Basement Tapes, and Desire, along with the one-step Blood on the Tracks. Oh Mercy is on order, and I'm awaiting a release date on Love and Theft.

I went with the Mono Collection box on the first 8 albums to save money (and they sound great).
How do you like the Pat Garrett MOFI? Haven't seen too many reviews on that one.

Is anyone else incredibly hype about the Oh Mercy MoFi this December? I missed out on that beautiful Desire earlier this year, but pounced on this one through the target B2G1 sale. Can't wait to spin it!

Also, has anyone had luck finding decent copies of the Another Self Portrait vinyl box that aren't $200+? I swear I've never seen a decent deal on it, and that they'll never repress it...

Is anyone else incredibly hype about the Oh Mercy MoFi this December? I missed out on that beautiful Desire earlier this year, but pounced on this one through the target B2G1 sale. Can't wait to spin it!

Also, has anyone had luck finding decent copies of the Another Self Portrait vinyl box that aren't $200+? I swear I've never seen a decent deal on it, and that they'll never repress it...
I grabbed one in the Target sale too! Hoping that it actually gets fulfilled :)

I have the Another Self Portrait box. I bought it ages ago and got it for $40 from pop market in some accidental sale. Didn't realize it was going for so much now!

I grabbed one in the Target sale too! Hoping that it actually gets fulfilled :)

I have the Another Self Portrait box. I bought it ages ago and got it for $40 from pop market in some accidental sale. Didn't realize it was going for so much now!
Interesting note about this. The UPC that Target lists for this Dylan shows up in searches as the Grateful Dead's Blues for Allah "limited edition LP," but every such link leads to a listing where the Dead's title is listed alongside a photo of Dylan's album. But it's also true that the UPC used by Target is the same as the one listed on the Elusive Disc site for the Dylan MoFi. Weird.

Interesting note about this. The UPC that Target lists for this Dylan shows up in searches as the Grateful Dead's Blues for Allah "limited edition LP," but every such link leads to a listing where the Dead's title is listed alongside a photo of Dylan's album. But it's also true that the UPC used by Target is the same as the one listed on the Elusive Disc site for the Dylan MoFi. Weird.
Well, we'll see! Looks like I may either get a cheap Oh Mercy or a free GD Blues for Allah! haha

Maybe just get the Deluxe CD Box of ASP, you get the Isle Of Wright concert as well which isn't in the Vinyl and the mastering is good.

Can someone guide me to a catalog on the web of Dylan’s mfsl releases, I haven’t had any luck, and I would hope to avoid looking each album up on discogs individually ideally. I’m aware of chronologically everything they have issued up until Planet Waves.

Can someone guide me to a catalog on the web of Dylan’s mfsl releases, I haven’t had any luck, and I would hope to avoid looking each album up on discogs individually ideally. I’m aware of chronologically everything they have issued up until Planet Waves.

Just look it up on discogs. Not sure what a better alternative would be but this is sorted by artist name so should have every Dylan on there.

Just look it up on discogs. Not sure what a better alternative would be but this is sorted by artist name so should have every Dylan on there.
When I perform this search it doesn’t actually show all the mfsl releases and searches under any of the more specific searches that are linked for specific types of mfsl issues show no results.

When I perform this search it doesn’t actually show all the mfsl releases and searches under any of the more specific searches that are linked for specific types of mfsl issues show no results.
If you look on desktop/not on the mobile app, that search is for all mobile fidelity releases just sorted by artist name. Go to B and you’ll see all the Dylan releases on both CD/SACD and vinyl.

94A8B709-79D4-44F5-9125-00A879971DE0.jpeg
D35F3606-6AEA-491A-8214-55F05B833AC0.jpeg
D44EF6DE-A582-4492-90A9-284820E521D9.jpeg

@MikeH you were spot on with my issue, even when opening in my browser the mobile site had the same issue, once I switched to the desktop version problem solved and will make things so much easier in the future.

@MikeH you were spot on with my issue, even when opening in my browser the mobile site had the same issue, once I switched to the desktop version problem solved and will make things so much easier in the future.
I absolutely hate the mobile version of discogs and the app. You'd think they would have a better app and mobile site for a company their size! I only use the app for the barcode scanner feature if I'm adding a newer record into my library.

I absolutely hate the mobile version of discogs and the app. You'd think they would have a better app and mobile site for a company their size! I only use the app for the barcode scanner feature if I'm adding a newer record into my library.
I liked the app until about three months ago ever since super laggy.

What would you guys recommend for a cheap but good sounding / easy to get pressing of Nashville skyline?

I see there newest one available is a coloured one from Sony but probably just trash right?

Back