A Poll on VMP Thread Consolidation

How many VMP threads should there be in the Vinyl Clubs forum?

• Five threads - one for each track, one for the store (exclusives, swaps, etc.), one for anthology

Votes: 235 84.8%
  • One thread - all VMP related threads in the clubs forum merged into one

Votes: 42 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The numbers so far actually align exactly as predicted within the admin discussions. A vote was requested, and because of the strong feelings from various perspectives, it seemed reasonable in this instance.

I predicted 85% so as things stand the rest of the Admins owe me $100 each. That's what we agreed, right? Riiiiight?

Seems like a good compromise would be to just get rid of the VMP store/exclusives thread. Why give them a separate thread to consolidate their color variants when its basically the same idea at this point as Newbury, Urban Outfitters, or Target? Not that I'm convinced that VMP is smart enough to realize this, but having a dedicated spot on this forum for their store content helps generate free hype/marketing/market research for them.

The other threads seem reasonable to categorize as separate clubs since you can belong to any one individually, and they do still follow a club-based model.

Seems like a good compromise would be to just get rid of the VMP store/exclusives thread. Why give them a separate thread to consolidate their color variants when its basically the same idea at this point as Newbury, Urban Outfitters, or Target? Not that I'm convinced that VMP is smart enough to realize this, but having a dedicated spot on this forum for their store content helps generate free hype/marketing/market research for them.

The other threads seem reasonable to categorize as separate clubs since you can belong to any one individually, and they do still follow a club-based model.
I agree with this. I've thought the exclusives (this includes Rising) could be easily be covered by new releases, and swaps can easily be handled within the given tracks threads as they were originally--they were only spit out at VMP because it was bad optics having people immediately start discussing what to swap for in their ROTM thread.

Edit: That was supposed to say "split out" but I'm leaving it.

Last edited:
5 thread seems like a lot, but I think the conversations and post will be better streamlined when in the correct thread.

If anything, the store exclusive can be dropped...and just be part of a discussions on the pre-order/new release threads or on a thread made for the individual album if a member wants to discuss it further.

5 thread seems like a lot, but I think the conversations and post will be better streamlined when in the correct thread.

If anything, the store exclusive can be dropped...and just be part of a discussions on the pre-order/new release threads or on a thread made for the individual album if a member wants to discuss it further.
All I really care about is knowing about exclusives the second the info is public. I don't really care where it is posted, as long as it is consistent.

All I really care about is knowing about exclusives the second the info is public. I don't really care where it is posted, as long as it is consistent.

I totally agree...but this should come from VMP themselves. I do remember signing up for the email notifications and they never use it for notifying when exclusives are getting released....or anything else for that matter.

Annotation 2019-05-30 135241 (2).jpg

I agree with this. I've thought the exclusives (this includes Rising) could be easily be covered by new releases, and swaps can easily be handled within the given tracks threads as they were originally--they were only spit out at VMP because it was bad optics having people immediately start discussing what to swap for in their ROTM thread.

Edit: That was supposed to say "split out" but I'm leaving it.

+1 on all of this.
New poll: ditch the Stores exclusive thread?

if y'all put all of them in one thread you'll just end up changing it like a month later after complaints of how cramped it is in there.

Voted 5 because 3 isn't an option.
I think each track needs it's own place(quite different discussions) but I couldn't care less about store or anthology threads.

What will happen is in 3 months they will delete the store thread because exclusives will be allowed again in the preorder thread from the people who don’t want to see vmp products. Or it will be Fiona who breaks that cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back