A Poll on VMP Thread Consolidation

How many VMP threads should there be in the Vinyl Clubs forum?

• Five threads - one for each track, one for the store (exclusives, swaps, etc.), one for anthology

Votes: 235 84.8%
  • One thread - all VMP related threads in the clubs forum merged into one

Votes: 42 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

its not just about things "cooling down" / "settling down". The frustrations and discussions about the forum being gone are dying off / gone for the most part,

The end of the day , we came from VMP forum and people may still feel inclined to be part of the club and want to chat about the subs just like the ole days.

I do understand wanting this to be different and branching out from that, but people are going to chat about it anyways, I would suggest having streamlined approach to having the diff VMP categories.

Not saying this is a great suggestion here but if the concern is the google search of them linking here, then throw VMP stuff to members only, but multiple threads is the way to go

I think 5 is fine, because each track (plus anthology) is akin to a single record club in terms of "news" & discussions, and the activity in those thread prove that, compared to other vinyl clubs threads (even if we would extract all the drama about how many threads we need).

I think the 5th one could disappear into the 4 others and the preorder thread, but that's just me.

I agree with most others, I voted for 5. To me Classics, R&HH, Essentials and Anthology are like separate record clubs. While I'm no longer a member of VMP, I do appreciate being able to solely discuss Classics without having to sift through Essentials, Anthology and all the other discussions.

Also a proponent of a separate sub forum, otherwise 5 threads is my vote. Let’s face it, we’re all transplants and sometimes we like the taste of something we recognize as home, even if we never want to move back.

Last edited:
I too like the idea of a VMP subforum where it doesn’t matter how spliced out the conversation gets or how many threads there are. This model would work for any club about which conversation grows into multiple threads. It wouldn’t just hold the 5 mentioned threads, it could hold the RIP thread and any other bitching and moaning about VMP in a place where folks could engage with them or not.

Maybe even just 3 threads is fine (putting the rotms into one section)

But putting things like the store thread and the huge anthology into one thread would be a clusterfuck

I voted for five, for now, I would like to see where we are in three months, I am not sure we will need a sub-forum/thread, my opinion is see where we are in three months, have this exact same poll again, and if five remain the choice at that time do a third poll (six months from now) and have that poll be one thread or a sub-forum/thread

I voted for 5. I completely understand the ire and vitriol towards VMP, as I’ve also canceled my membership and am going to **try** to not let them lure me back. That said, this is a place for vinyl lovers, and like ‘em or not, that club is the largest vinyl subscription service that I know of. To lump all their different tracks, swaps, guess discussions into 1 thread would be an un-followable mess. If Magnolia or Secret Society or one of the other subscription services created a similar model, I’d also be in favor of adding threads for them. The anger I’ve seen towards VMP on here is justified, but pretending they’re a group of cooperate monsters that serve up shit sandwiches to their subscribers is akin to getting cheated on and spreading rumors that the person that screwed you over has herpes. Let’s just move on to the part where we acknowledge their good qualities, but don’t follow them blindly into whatever dark corner they lead us towards. They lost that blind allegiance when they torpedoed our last complaint box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back