A Poll on VMP Thread Consolidation

How many VMP threads should there be in the Vinyl Clubs forum?

• Five threads - one for each track, one for the store (exclusives, swaps, etc.), one for anthology

Votes: 235 84.8%
  • One thread - all VMP related threads in the clubs forum merged into one

Votes: 42 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Needles & Grooves

Administrator
Hi Friends,

We started this forum 2 weeks ago(!) in order to preserve the relationships and bonding over music and vinyl that grew at the Vinyl Me, Please forums beginning in late 2014. However, Needles & Grooves was not started to be an extension of anything related to the business or promotion of VMP--it is a new thing, and we hope it will have a new focus. We know this will take time, and so far we're excited about the shape this endeavor is developing. However, right now, true to our origins, VMP is the source of the most conflict on our fledgling forum. Over the last week we've had various feedback on the number of VMP threads in the Vinyl Clubs forum. Some members want to see fewer (or more) threads. Some members are happy with the way things are. Even amongst admins, the opinions vary.

So, at the suggestion of some members, we propose a poll. We're in this together and we want you to have a say in the forum's organization, too. We will leave it open for 5 days, and you will only be allowed to vote once. You won't be able to change your vote, so take your time and choose carefully.

The options:
1) Five threads - one each for the three tracks, one for the store (exclusives, swaps, etc.), one for anthology (basically what we have now)
2) One thread - all VMP related threads in the clubs forum merged into one

As for option (1), we chose five as the cap because at this time we think that five threads is enough for the conversations at hand.

We will let whichever option wins to stand for the next 3 months after which time we will re-evaluate whether the result works in terms of manageability and member demand for ease of conversation, and whether we should consider other iterations than these two options allow.

We can't please everyone but hopefully we can use the next 3 months to see if we as a community can forge a new way of discussing our favorite topics, and not just how it was done at the old place.

Cheers!

71DINh7m3IL._SX425_.jpg

It's good to know that we'll re-evaluate the situation in three months. Right now I vote for 5 threads (not more though) as I feel that many of us haven't moved on yet and feel the need to keep some "connection" with VMP. One thread would be too chaotic and we may lost members, thing I do not want.

I myself don't feel the need for any VMP thread and I hope to vote differently in three months. I just want everybody to keep in mind that they decided to separate themselves from us, not the opposite. Our admins spent a lot of time and effort to have this forum opened in 48h and many of us gave money to help them financially. I'll be honest, I don't feel comfortable with the idea of promoting their business. So hopefully and with more time, we'll move on to a forum totally or almost totally separated from VMP.

Last edited:
I think 5 is fine. Each track is different enough to warrant an individual thread, otherwise it becomes a confusing mess. One store thread to cover exclusives, swaptions, and CS is fine. Anthology is fine.

And this is coming from someone who just cancelled his membership and doesn’t have a real desire to support them given their recent missteps. But I get that some people have not cut them out and should feel free to talk about them.

I voted for 5 because that seems to break things out pretty clearly. Truth be told though, since I dropped my subscription, it really won't impact me one way or the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back